Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Gin Lane Ale

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

old faithful
Bar Fly

Gin Lane Ale

Post by old faithful »

This year's version seems to have more roasty dark sweetness than last year's. The beer has the"aged" flavours one expects (fruity, a little Madeira-like) but with seemingly less "green apples" than last year's again. An excellent English-style strong ale, perfect for the season and probably similar to some of the "standing" or keeping beers of Old England.

Gary

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

Thanks for the update Gary. I usually only make one trip anually to the Granite and I like to go during the winter when the Gin Lane is available. Looking forward to trying it again this year!

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Had some today and agree with Gary's assessment -- this year's version is quite good, a fine old ale for sipping in excellent balance.

wittaker

Post by wittaker »

I loved this year's version. I didn't care for last year's Gin Lane.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I've been looking forward to being able to try this for some time now. Looks like I'll be in the area on the third weekend of Jan so hopefully they still have it available.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!