Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Mill St. Lemon Tea Ale

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Mill St. Lemon Tea Ale

Post by velovampire »

Had this new brew tonight at the brewpub, and was very pleasantly surprised. Here's my review:

"On tap at the brewpub - came a clear light amber with a sticky white cap. Aroma citrusy, fruit and some hops, which mingle nicely with the lemon. Flavour is very intriguing, and I was expecting the worst, but was pleasantly surprised. The malty full body of the black tea backs up the malt in the brew, and the acidity of the lemon complements the hop presence, so what at first seems like kind of a strange pairing is in fact a beautiful marriage. Delicate, near-cask carbonation, and silky body. Tannic bitterness from the tea also shine through in the finish. A surprising winner, and a wonderful candidate for a summer patio session ale."

They also had a house made root beer on tap (non-alcoholic - I didn't try it, though it's an interesting development). There are also flyers up at the pub for a brewmaster's dinner featuring both the Lemon Tea Ale and a Belgian Peche.....A few neat new things from Mill Street...

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Sounds good!

I know they are releasing a mixed 6 to the LCBO very soon, and they are also doing the pils in 6 packs for the LCBO. WOnder what the mix 6 will have?
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Sounds good!

I know they are releasing a mixed 6 to the LCBO very soon, and they are also doing the pils in 6 packs for the LCBO. WOnder what the mix 6 will have?
Yeah, Steel, the Lemon Tea is very nice, and a perfect summer patio brew. I hope (for your sake) it makes it to some draught accounts in the London area over the next few months.

From what I gather, the mixed 6 will have the 5 currently bottled beers (Wit, Coffee Porter, Organic, Stock, Tankhouse) and the new to bottle Pils. It'd be nice to see them put some seasonals out in bottle form, but I think for now they're going to be limited to taps at the brewpub and growlers.

Magni

Post by Magni »

Just had this brew at the Spring fest. It was shockingly good, I'd love to see this come to my local pubs(s).

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

Yup - I enjoyed it at C'est What too. Not bad.