Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Creemore Springs Kellerbier

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Tastes like cake to me. Seriously.

It may not be as hoppy but it still has that beautiful rich malt flavour I love so much about it each summer.

Is it as good this year? I think I did enjoy it better previously. Is it still a very good lager? Yes, it still is.

TwoPint

Post by TwoPint »

It's starting to show up again.

elproducto

Post by elproducto »

I love this beer.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

As of this past Friday Victory Cafe had it on tap.
lister

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Posted a few minutes ago by @creemoresprings on Twitter:

A little Twitter exclusive for Kellerbier fans: It's not going away. Our little spring seasonal is now an annual in Ontario! #craftbeer

(I assume "annual" means "available year-round" as opposed to "available once a year".)

elproducto

Post by elproducto »

Great news.

One of the only commercial lagers I buy on a regular basis.

I really should give their Pils a try again.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

GregClow wrote:(I assume "annual" means "available year-round" as opposed to "available once a year".)
Creemore invented a brand-new category for beer: All-Seasonal.
In Beerum Veritas

notdan

Post by notdan »

elproducto wrote:Great news.

One of the only commercial lagers I buy on a regular basis.

I really should give their Pils a try again.
It's better than it used to be. Pretty sure they increased the hop presence at some point last year. It's pretty solid now.

Hope the Keller is in good form this year. That beer can be damn good.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I think Creemore Pilsner poured into a nice tall Czech crystal beer glass is a hell of a nice thing. Prefer it over Urquell... a very fresh natural open taste.
In Beerum Veritas

elproducto

Post by elproducto »

Fresh Pilsner really can't be beat.

I homebrewed a Bohemian Pils this winter, and am just drinking it now after lagering. Fantastic, such a difference from the commercial versions that have been sitting on a boat for months.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Still vastly prefer the LTM Keller, but having this available year-round is a plus.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Picked up a can of this yesterday and had it last night. Was a bit disappointed by the appearance, as it poured perfectly clear with very little sign of it being unfiltered. Still good aroma and flavour, though - not so good as the first year when it was spectacular all around, but comparable to the later versions. It'll be a regular in my rotation of local beers.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

GregClow wrote:Picked up a can of this yesterday and had it last night. Was a bit disappointed by the appearance, as it poured perfectly clear with very little sign of it being unfiltered. Still good aroma and flavour, though - not so good as the first year when it was spectacular all around, but comparable to the later versions. It'll be a regular in my rotation of local beers.
I was a little surprised (and disappointed) by the clarity as well. Although, it tastes somewhat spicier than I remember it...it's still got quite a bit of complexity in the flavour, especially in the finish.

It'd be nice in future batches if they kept it cloudier.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

edit

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

It has always had some variability in appearance, even in the first year I remember that some cans would be much cloudier than others.