Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Creemore Springs Kellerbier

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

the kellerbier is a good trader right now

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

northyorksammy wrote:the kellerbier is a good trader right now
I've sent it to 4 different people. Its a great little beer and its nice to get it out there and show that we are capable of good things here.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

It is a pretty tough style to find, so the trading might last some time with this one.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Lager Bore

Post by Lager Bore »

Bytowner wrote:The new batch will be coded "073009", so July 30th. Apparently it's still not as hoppy as they were hoping.
I just bought one two days ago (401/Milner) stamped "H1409 1040". H for hoppier?

Roger

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Lager Bore wrote:
Bytowner wrote:The new batch will be coded "073009", so July 30th. Apparently it's still not as hoppy as they were hoping.
I just bought one two days ago (401/Milner) stamped "H1409 1040". H for hoppier?

Roger
H=August? A third batch? I still haven't picked up the second!

Lager Bore

Post by Lager Bore »

Derek wrote:
Lager Bore wrote:

Roger
H=August? A third batch? I still haven't picked up the second!
Ah, the old A=1, B=2, C=3 code... very Get Smart!
Can't say I noticed much difference in terms of bitterness with previous sampling of Kellerbier. But then again I wasn't looking for it.

carguy

Post by carguy »

I bought a couple cans when it first hit the shelves, and I was really impressed with it. I bought a couple more cans a few days later, even though I knew the money was going to Molson, but, since there is "so much beer, and so little time" I didn't buy any more until yesterday, when I bought two more cans. I don't know if they were improperly stored or something, but they were terrible. Nowhere close to those original cans I had a month ago. There was no hop flavour or aroma at all. Tasteless and watery. I was hugely dissapointed.

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

I've been buying 8 cans consistently since this was released, mostly from St Clair and Keele on their regular shelves (although it was in the cold section last time) and it has been solid every time. I guess it depends where you get it. My favourite beer of the summer by far.

carguy

Post by carguy »

I was in the same LCBO today, and the Keller was gone, just an empty space where there was three flats of it yesterday. Maybe there was something wrong with it. I can't imagine they sold three flats in a day.

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

I bought 30 cans today from St Clair and Keele and they still had over 70 cans on the cold area shelves! If you want a consistent place to get it (for Toronto folks), I'd recommend this LCBO.

kinguy

Post by kinguy »

It was okay, but nothing to write home about. The can I had didn't seem particularly hoppy either.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

I just did a side-by-side of the July 10 and August 7 versions (G1009 and H0709). The July seemed to be more bitter, with a better aroma too. They are pretty close but I would concur that the newer stuff is somewhat "watery", by comparison. A bit disappointing!

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

That is interesting. I wonder if the later packaging is the same brew as July's, just held in the keller longer. Longer storage might smooth it out some.

Gary
Gary Gillman

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

G.M. Gillman wrote:That is interesting. I wonder if the later packaging is the same brew as July's, just held in the keller longer. Longer storage might smooth it out some.

Gary
indeed it is the same brew. they only did one. they did two separate cannings, however. supposedly used slightly more hops in the second canning. dry-hopped (well, late-hopped is what the brewer said) both cannings.

Weissebier

Post by Weissebier »

I suppose the question here is "do you rouse before serving"? I rouse with all un-filtered products, and have noticed a marked difference with the Kellerbier, not only in terms of clarity but also flavour. Rousing makes a world of difference even with a good Weisse.

Each canning would have been roughly 13,000 cans. Given that roughly 80,000 cans was stated as being a total production run, one can assume that there would have been approx. 6 cannings in total.

W.
Last edited by Weissebier on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.