Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Creemore Springs Kellerbier

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Hell yes! I loved this last summer.

Inkling

Post by Inkling »

I will definitely buy more of it this time in case it disappears as quickly. I don't usually buy Creemore but this was is a winner.

Weissebier

Post by Weissebier »

Had a taste today, tres bon, apparently being packaged tomorrow.

W.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Weissebier

Post by Weissebier »

Picked up an 8 pac at the brewery retail store today.

W.

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

My my my won't these look so fine sitting next to the Hacker Edelweiss in the fridge this summer.

Happy happy Joy Joy!!
Aventinus rules!

Weissebier

Post by Weissebier »

Even my wife enjoys this, grabbed another 8 today, for the weekend.

W.

Soods

Post by Soods »

Picked up an 8 pack at the LCBO in Mississauga today!

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Not surprising the consummate pros at the 'BO have no listing or stock levels for this item yet.
Aventinus rules!

carguy

Post by carguy »

I tried it last summer, and it was good, but my hard earned money is going to go to more deserving micro-breweries, not Molson.

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

carguy wrote:I tried it last summer, and it was good, but my hard earned money is going to go to more deserving micro-breweries, not Molson.
Well, I'll support the brewer because:

A) they took a risk on mass marketing an unfiltered lager beer. This went against all marketing trend research.

B) I love Kellerbier and, Zwickel, they are under represented/appreciated styles that, when done right, are lush big taste lagers.

C) Maybe Creemore/Molson's success with this beer will shoot a spark up local craft brewer's collective arses and get them looking at the Germanic big lager genre as being just as viable in style popularity as big ales.
Aventinus rules!

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

pootz wrote: Well, I'll support the brewer because:

A) they took a risk on mass marketing an unfiltered lager beer. This went against all marketing trend research.

B) I love Kellerbier and, Zwickel, they are under represented/appreciated styles that, when done right, are lush big taste lagers.

C) Maybe Creemore/Molson's success with this beer will shoot a spark up local craft brewer's collective arses and get them looking at the Germanic big lager genre as being just as viable in style popularity as big ales.
Second this. Knowing what a Molson would be capable of producing if they thought there was money in making good beer is enough to make me pick up a bunch of these.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

pootz wrote:Not surprising the consummate pros at the 'BO have no listing or stock levels for this item yet.
I laughed really hard when I read this. Yesterday when I asked a female clerk if she could check in the back for the Kellerbier shipment, she gruffly replied "if it's not on the shelf, we don't have it." This was at the same store where I was told that Schneider Edel-Weiss was not in stock yet. After prodding a little more, the clerk came out with five cases (60 beers). :roll:
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

cratez wrote:
pootz wrote:Not surprising the consummate pros at the 'BO have no listing or stock levels for this item yet.
I laughed really hard when I read this. Yesterday when I asked a female clerk if she could check in the back for the Kellerbier shipment, she gruffly replied "if it's not on the shelf, we don't have it."

While she should be checking if a customer requests, 99% of the time, she is right.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

SteelbackGuy wrote: While she should be checking if a customer requests, 99% of the time, she is right.
I don't doubt it Len. I've just become sceptical at this particular location (Wonderland) because they've had stuff sitting in the back when they've told me it's not in the store yet. On a completely different note, we need to have some beers soon!
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott