Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Creemore Springs Kellerbier

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

wilco

Post by wilco »

According to the LCBO website, this product is discontinued. Apparently it sells quicker than the 10 Bitter Years. Oh LCBO!

nicktbm

Post by nicktbm »

cratez wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote: While she should be checking if a customer requests, 99% of the time, she is right.
I don't doubt it Len. I've just become sceptical at this particular location (Wonderland) because they've had stuff sitting in the back when they've told me it's not in the store yet. On a completely different note, we need to have some beers soon!
I agree we all need to get together for a drink soon, Thursday 9ish???

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
cratez wrote: Yesterday when I asked a female clerk if she could check in the back for the Kellerbier shipment, she gruffly replied "if it's not on the shelf, we don't have it."
While she should be checking if a customer requests, 99% of the time, she is right.
Or just gruff and unhelpful? ;) Employees should realize that they are being judged not on what they say but their attitude. You can't make the customer trust you unless you respect the customer.

The customer has the right to ask a question without being given one of these blow-off lines. It's insulting to say that when the customer knows from experience there IS stuff in the back, especially when stock arrives or it has just been selling fast.

Anyway - good to make friends with your local LCBO people, respect and trust works both ways...
In Beerum Veritas

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

nicktbm wrote:
cratez wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote: While she should be checking if a customer requests, 99% of the time, she is right.
I don't doubt it Len. I've just become sceptical at this particular location (Wonderland) because they've had stuff sitting in the back when they've told me it's not in the store yet. On a completely different note, we need to have some beers soon!
Works for me :D

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

cratez wrote:
nicktbm wrote:
cratez wrote: I don't doubt it Len. I've just become sceptical at this particular location (Wonderland) because they've had stuff sitting in the back when they've told me it's not in the store yet. On a completely different note, we need to have some beers soon!
Works for me :D

Nick, Mike, I'm in. I'll be there 9:30 ish. And to keep this on topic.....I like kellerbier!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Had my first session with the newest batch of Keller. I feel soooo refreshed!

I'll wait to hear reactions from other BarTowelers before I beak off about this year's release.

Get out there and try some!!
Aventinus rules!

Bonesey

Post by Bonesey »

I think it may even be better than last year. Is anyone noticing a bit of sulfur in the nose? Didn't notice that last summer. Extremely clean and refreshing beer. Glad to see Molson still lets them play.
"Put another brick in my hookah, Chow Ming, and fetch me fresh silks, I've soiled myself again."
--Franklin Pierce, April 6, 1856

bartle

Post by bartle »

Bonesey wrote:I think it may even be better than last year. Is anyone noticing a bit of sulfur in the nose? Didn't notice that last summer. Extremely clean and refreshing beer. Glad to see Molson still lets them play.
I can't say sulphur, but there were some phenols coming across as a light wheat character.

The cask had a nice yeast and bread note to it that I rather liked. Flavour, carbonation, and texture was much the same even from gravity...
:-?

It's beyond easy to drink!
enjoi

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Bonesey wrote:I think it may even be better than last year. Is anyone noticing a bit of sulfur in the nose? Didn't notice that last summer. Extremely clean and refreshing beer. Glad to see Molson still lets them play.
Wow. you have a sensitive nose on ya. I only got very very light hints of this and only after the pour then it disappeared. What you got there was dimethyl sulfide which is an acceptable (in small amounts) and a normal by by-product of German strains of lager yeast. You usually smell this just after you crack a can/bottle.... lots of people miss it but some are sensitive to it.

I'm happy with this year's release...possibly a tad more hoppy in the finish...certainly more complexity in the body...I also see that you have to treat the cans like it was a heffeweiss....leave a little in the can, swirl out the settled lees on the bottom of the can and pour them in the glass. The suspended solids seem to settle out of the beer fairly quickly.
Last edited by pootz on Fri May 07, 2010 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aventinus rules!

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

I was as surprised with this year's release as I was with last years. I probably should have read my review before trying it again last night. Each time I've expected some chewy malt with a real bread profile. But from the can it's all hops and a really dry finish. Good though.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Anybody know why this has shipped to every city in Ontario except London? Somehow Ingersoll and Windsor have gotten it before us. Did we piss off the Molson rep or something?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

cratez wrote:Anybody know why this has shipped to every city in Ontario except London? Somehow Ingersoll and Windsor have gotten it before us. Did we piss off the Molson rep or something?
i blame len manning

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

matt7215 wrote:
cratez wrote:Anybody know why this has shipped to every city in Ontario except London? Somehow Ingersoll and Windsor have gotten it before us. Did we piss off the Molson rep or something?
i blame len manning
I agree, they're down on that guy :lol:
Aventinus rules!

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

Last year, a couple of pubs had this beer on draft. Has anyone seen the draft this year?

Gary
Gary Gillman

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

matt7215 wrote:
i blame len manning

I also caused global warming!!!

:D :D :D
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!