Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

peche mortal

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

matt7215
Beer Superstar

peche mortal

Post by matt7215 »

its like drinking liquid happiness. i thought id post this to let others gush over this fall release gem!

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

I see this heady utopian elixir also makes you slur your writing :wink:

Best thing the 'bo has imported this year, perhaps its a trend?
Aventinus rules!

Jan Primus

Post by Jan Primus »

Surprised not much talk about this highly anticapted release. I am deeply in love with this beer. Without question, the finest beer I've ever seen on an LCBO shelf. An imperial stout and coffee lover's dream.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I have just this year been introduced to some mind-blowing stouts and porters such as. Limfjords Mikkeller BGB/BGW/BH, Nøgne Ø IS, Struisse Black Albert, Ølfabrikken, Haandbryggeriet, Amager Hr. Frederiksen...

... some very expensive. Péché Mortel stands toe-to-toe with the best of 'em. I really like the supple & dense feel of this beer, and it seems unlikely we'll see anything close to Péché around here. (Except perhaps Brooklyn BCS, I've not had a bad bottle of that either.)
In Beerum Veritas