Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

10 Bitter Years - Black Oak - Chancey Smith's London

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Milos

10 Bitter Years - Black Oak - Chancey Smith's London

Post by Milos »

Just tapped the one keg we were so lucky to get!!!
And let me tell you: It was worth the wait.
This really might the best beer in the province right now!!!
So many beers and so little time!!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Milos, you crazy guy, Ill be in to see you tomorrow!!!

Cheers

Len
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Timmy

Post by Timmy »

I had a chance to try this at the Winking Judge in Hamilton. Absolutely fantastic and I wish that they would bottle it and get it out to the beer stores. Very exciting to see Canadian brewers making this sort of mega hopped IPA.

My favorite hoppy Canadian IPAs right now are this and Durhams Hop Addict(which is whoahfully hard to find).

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

While I haven't been lucky enough to try the Ten Yeas Bitter, I was at the brewery maybe two weeks ago (and picked up some Nutcracker), I was told the TYB would be back in the new year - sounds like they are still having problems with their bottling line and that seemed to be part of the reason for the limited bottling of this beer. Can't wait to try it!

Uncle Bobby

Post by Uncle Bobby »

Congratulations, Ken & Co.

Ten Years Bitter (or Ten Bitter Years?) is fantastic. Had some last night at Bar Volo. Full-flavoured, aromatic and very, very tasty.

Extremely hoppy, but actually not overtly bitter. More grassy, herby. "Fruity" my wife said, although I think it was less actual fruit than the yeast and hops lending a variety of other flavours.

Very satisfying.
::::::::::::::::::::::
"It's ma-a-a-gic!"

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Well, I just finished a bottle of this at Chancey SMith's in London..........not even an hour ago.......what an incredible beer....really what Ontario needs. A great DIPA. This will fill the niche of what many craft drinkers have been looking for. I'm certainly glad Chancey Smith's is on the ball here with this beer. Thanks Milos for getting this in, and thanks Adil for being the bush to my whistle.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Milos

Post by Milos »

We just tapped new keg. It drinks even better than the first batch. Is it just my imagination? It seems a bit more balanced. Congrats Adrian and Ken. I would put forward a motion to add this to your regular or seasonal line-up.

nicktbm

Post by nicktbm »

Was in last night, this tasted great in bottle, but even better on draft. This is one of those beers that I will never get tired of!!! Please make this a regular production beer!!!!

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

See you tomorrow Milos 8)
Aventinus rules!

Milos

Post by Milos »

[/quote] See you tomorrow Milos

It was great to see you!! Always enjoy the chat!!

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Milos wrote:
See you tomorrow Milos

It was great to see you!! Always enjoy the chat!!
[/quote]

I always enjoy the brew chat at Chancey's too...seems to be a magnet for passionate foam heads. The Black Oak is pure rapture on tap and you're right , this second lot was much better....on par with the best West coast micros.....better because it was fresher. Wish it was available all year long, it'd wipe out import DIPA sales.

Hint to Ken - this market is ready for a local DIPA :wink:
Aventinus rules!

Milos

Post by Milos »

Pootz wrote
I always enjoy the brew chat at Chancey's too...seems to be a magnet for passionate foam heads. The Black Oak is pure rapture on tap and you're right , this second lot was much better....on par with the best West coast micros.....better because it was fresher. Wish it was available all year long, it'd wipe out import DIPA sales.

Hint to Ken - this market is ready for a local DIPA
i will second that!!!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Had a couple pints today for lunch. Delicious!!! Good to know you have lots more Milos!