Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Great Lakes Canuck Pale Ale

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JB

Post by JB »

Canuck is currently just a one-off release, but we're considering looking at it again down the road. Our Orange Peel Ale is in the tanks, conditioning, and should be ready by the second week of March.

John

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
Bobsy wrote:Can we please dispense with the racial slant in the past few posts? Its not relevant to the discussion and its also insulting to mock people because of their accents.

Naw. I won't be stopping. It is way too funny, and is a major source of entertainment for quite a few London and area bartowellers.
It is an inside joke and actually has nothing to do with race whatsoever. That is an assumption.
Besides,I'm not the one who put up a picture of an Asian guy.
Lenny speaks like that all the time... especially after a few Aventinus... ;D

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

I'll give it another chance when I see some good comments about the fresh batch.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Kim Jong-Il probably deserves to be made fun of in a movie parody, perhaps no less than Adolf Hitler in UNGLORIOUS BASTERDS. (Chaplin did it first!)

Jong Il's self-pity song is comedy gold, bless Trey Parker & Matt Stone for having some balls to make cutting satire that flies over some people's heads.
In Beerum Veritas

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

I've had a couple of bottles that have had a mild buttery character, but in a pleasant way, like I find in a lot of UK ales. Any more than that and I might've been turned off, but I quite liked it.

My full thoughts:
http://www.tasteto.com/2010/02/16/beer- ... -pale-ale/

WilliamEstevan

Post by WilliamEstevan »

So, do I get sympathy for having washed one of my Sam Adams glasses to try this beer out—I defy anyone to get their hand in this thing—,only to discover that it's stinky and doesn't taste very good? (I don't feel I need to go in to the science of it right now, I have a hand cramp)

This high-tech aroma chamber allows me to fully experience the... unique... character of this bad boy.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

< complete waste of space >
Last edited by Belgian on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Belgian wrote:
WilliamEstevan wrote:So, do I get sympathy for having washed one of my Sam Adams glasses to try this beer out—I defy anyone to get their hand in this thing—,only to discover that it's stinky and doesn't taste very good? (I don't feel I need to go in to the science of it right now, I have a hand cramp)

This high-tech aroma chamber allows me to fully experience the... unique... character of this bad boy.
It's called a brush LOL.

And since when is SA Lager stinky, I have never had that. Inoffensive and sometimes comes across bland, but a solid decent quencher.

Don't like the beer, could return it - and keep the glass while you're at it.
Jonas, he's talking about the Great Lakes beer and not SA Boston lager - he just referenced that he used the SA Glass to taste the Great Lakes beer.

WilliamEstevan

Post by WilliamEstevan »

Torontoblue wrote: Jonas, he's talking about the Great Lakes beer and not SA Boston lager - he just referenced that he used the SA Glass to taste the Great Lakes beer.
Aye, that I was. But good call on the brush; I only claim to be smart during the week!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Ah. Damn you all for making sense!
In Beerum Veritas