Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Garrison Sugar Moon Maple

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Garrison Sugar Moon Maple

Post by SteelbackGuy »

If you have any of this sitting around from any recent bottlings, please drink this as soon as possible. Bottles from as early as only months ago are drinking very poorly.

Cheers
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

notdan

Post by notdan »

Got this last year in a trade an was not a fan. Had this weird lemon tea flavour that I couldn't get past.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

notdan wrote:Got this last year in a trade an was not a fan. Had this weird lemon tea flavour that I couldn't get past.

That beats the putrid rotting fruit flavours of the recent samplings!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Bobbyok
Bar Fly

Post by Bobbyok »

SteelbackGuy wrote:If you have any of this sitting around from any recent bottlings, please drink this as soon as possible. Bottles from as early as only months ago are drinking very poorly.

Cheers
If you got them a couple months ago it was last year's batch. This year's just came out in mid-March, and they only brew it once a year.

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

I had one recently from the first Garrison order and it seemed fine....a tad sweet to do more than 2 in a row but no oxidation or off tastes...I did notice the Spalters were more detectable as this cellars.
Aventinus rules!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Bobbyok wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:If you have any of this sitting around from any recent bottlings, please drink this as soon as possible. Bottles from as early as only months ago are drinking very poorly.

Cheers
If you got them a couple months ago it was last year's batch. This year's just came out in mid-March, and they only brew it once a year.
Be that as it may, they aren't that old and there isn't a reason that 4 bottles in a row should be complete drainpours.

Bobbyok
Bar Fly

Post by Bobbyok »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
Bobbyok wrote:

Cheers
Be that as it may, they aren't that old and there isn't a reason that 4 bottles in a row should be complete drainpours.
I agree with you there, just clarifying the age of the bottles.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Drinking the 2011 right now and it's super sweet but certainly drinkable. 4 weeks old though.