Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Netherworld Cascadian Dark Ale

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

bufordsbest

Post by bufordsbest »

very excited for this, can't wait!

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Peter: I tried the most recent version of this at The Morrissey House here in London and it was absolute dynamite! I'm really hoping that the kegged batch I sampled is the same recipe that will be showing up in bottles. The beer is perfect right now, and spot on for a Black IPA, so please don't change a thing! Cheers

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

cratez wrote:Peter: I tried the most recent version of this at The Morrissey House here in London and it was absolute dynamite! I'm really hoping that the kegged batch I sampled is the same recipe that will be showing up in bottles. The beer is perfect right now, and spot on for a Black IPA, so please don't change a thing! Cheers
We like it too!

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

Any idea on an offical lcbo release date? I am still very excited to try something new from flying monkeys.

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Yeah, I'm chomping at the bit for this. I want to see it on the shelves at Bayfield. This would easily be a go-to for me.

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

phat matt wrote:Any idea on an offical lcbo release date? I am still very excited to try something new from flying monkeys.
Awesome.....It will be in the next Discovery Pack and released before Halloween (hopefully).

Peace,
Peter

bufordsbest

Post by bufordsbest »

peterchiodo wrote:
phat matt wrote:Any idea on an offical lcbo release date? I am still very excited to try something new from flying monkeys.
Awesome.....It will be in the next Discovery Pack and released before Halloween (hopefully).

Peace,
Peter
beautiful news.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

peterchiodo wrote:

Peace,
Peter

Pietro, this is great news my friend!!

Cheers!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

Peter,

Would you think less of me i told you I just got as excited as a schoolgirl on her prom night to hear that I might be able to drink this fine ale next month.

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

dutchcanuck wrote:Peter,

Would you think less of me i told you I just got as excited as a schoolgirl on her prom night to hear that I might be able to drink this fine ale next month.
It's all good! I hope you enjoy it...I think it may only be available as a seasonal.....not sure how it will play out at the LCBO.

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

Well I will definitely stock up and request at least a case for purchase in St. Catharines. But hopefully since the hoptical sells quite well here that won't be necessary.

We're lucky to have brewers like you Peter.

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

dutchcanuck wrote:Well I will definitely stock up and request at least a case for purchase in St. Catharines. But hopefully since the hoptical sells quite well here that won't be necessary.

We're lucky to have brewers like you Peter.
I'm lucky to have an audience to support it.
We really have plans for a lot more extreme / weird stuff.
Pethro

Flood

Post by Flood »

On tap at Chancey's as I post this.
beer up

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

I'm not sure how but there is no more left in our cooler. It will not be available until early November.

Peace

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

I was lucky enough to be treated to a Deschutes Cascadian Dark Ale this weekend. If Flying Monkeys Netherworld is anything close to this (I haven't had the chance to try it) I will be a very happy guy!!