Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Netherworld Cascadian Dark Ale

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB »

It was a bottle. Garlic may not be the best descriptor, but it was definitely off from other bottles. I ran it by someone else too, they found it strange. Great work following up though! I just tried one more recently and it seemed improved. I just got Netherworld carried at my work, so as soon as we can get some in (seems held up in Durham?) all shall be hoppy and well.

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

JohnnyB wrote:It was a bottle. Garlic may not be the best descriptor, but it was definitely off from other bottles. I ran it by someone else too, they found it strange. Great work following up though! I just tried one more recently and it seemed improved. I just got Netherworld carried at my work, so as soon as we can get some in (seems held up in Durham?) all shall be hoppy and well.
Hey Johnny,

I appreciate any feedback, good or bad. We checked the Hoptical code yesterday and found it to be in line with our taste profile. However, one never knows.....FYI, we do use 100% new bottles for every packaging run.

Anyways, sorry about that. Let me know your address and I will replace them and more....I know I am asking a lot but feel free to contact me at peter@theflyingmonkeys.ca any time you have an issue and I will pick up the bottles. I always compensate time with generous portions of replacement beer. We recently had two short-fill bottles that were brought to my attention--and were on it to rectify the situation.

I just appreciate you guys on the towel communicating honestly with us brewers! It does help the greater cause.

Thanks again,
Peter

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

peterchiodo wrote:
JohnnyB wrote:It was a bottle. Garlic may not be the best descriptor, but it was definitely off from other bottles. I ran it by someone else too, they found it strange. Great work following up though! I just tried one more recently and it seemed improved. I just got Netherworld carried at my work, so as soon as we can get some in (seems held up in Durham?) all shall be hoppy and well.
Hey Johnny,

I appreciate any feedback, good or bad. We checked the Hoptical code yesterday and found it to be in line with our taste profile. However, one never knows.....FYI, we do use 100% new bottles for every packaging run.

Anyways, sorry about that. Let me know your address and I will replace them and more....I know I am asking a lot but feel free to contact me at peter@theflyingmonkeys.ca any time you have an issue and I will pick up the bottles. I always compensate time with generous portions of replacement beer. We recently had two short-fill bottles that were brought to my attention--and were on it to rectify the situation.

I just appreciate you guys on the towel communicating honestly with us brewers! It does help the greater cause.

Thanks again,
Peter

As always, Peter, you're a class act.

Hope to see you soon brother!

Len
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Hey, there's a mouse in my beer, eh. 8)

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Derek wrote:Hey, there's a mouse in my beer, eh. 8)
Must be all those BC 'shrooms you keep taking. :P
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

BTW - Ottawa crowd, this was on cask last Friday night at the Cheshire Cat. I'm pretty sure they have had other Flying Monkey casks available as well as I had an IPA a few weeks ago and now notice they are listing Smashbomb on their website.
drinkvine.com - a better way to find your beer and wine.

RayOhm

Post by RayOhm »

had this beer again (my 3rd six-pack), this one tasted different than the other two. was a little disapointed. the hop flavour was way more subtle and the porter(esque) characteristics were lacking. not sure why, here's hoping my next one is better.

on a another note, this stuff is getting hard to find, its sold out everywhere around here. im glad to see its catching on. cant wait for the Smashbomb.

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Wow, this is a good beer.The aroma is reminiscent of a delicious West Coast IPA and the flavour is big on hops as well, balanced with a nice roasted malt. Nice bitter finish too. Honestly, this is definitly the best Ontario beer I have ever had. Good job FM!