Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Netherworld Cascadian Dark Ale

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

Making use of C'est What?'s wifi and enjoying a pint of Netherworld as I type. Damn this is damn fine stuff, Peter. Koodos to you and the others from the brewery. I'm looking forward to buying a sixer or two of this when it hits the shelf!

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

Any updates when this will magically appear at the LCBO?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

dutchcanuck wrote:Any updates when this will magically appear at the LCBO?
its not showing on lcbo.com or drinkvine so im guessing 2011

id say its even money that smash bomb wont hit shelves till 2012

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

I disapprove of the words you have written, sir. Now be gone with you! We don't need that kind of pessimistic attitude here! (I now remove tongue from cheek)

Considering Peter has the packaging for the Cascadian Dark Ale I'm really hoping that it will hit shelves this year. As for smash bomb...who the frack knows when that will come out.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

dutchcanuck wrote:I disapprove of the words you have written, sir. Now be gone with you! We don't need that kind of pessimistic attitude here! (I now remove tongue from cheek)

Considering Peter has the packaging for the Cascadian Dark Ale I'm really hoping that it will hit shelves this year. As for smash bomb...who the frack knows when that will come out.
im all for both of these being on the shelf as soon as possible but my optimism has faded. i still remember (not) drinking netherworld from grolsh swing top bottles that were(nt) filled from the tank last january.

i was excited back then, and still em now, but it has been a long time comin

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

matt7215 wrote:
dutchcanuck wrote:I disapprove of the words you have written, sir. Now be gone with you! We don't need that kind of pessimistic attitude here! (I now remove tongue from cheek)

im all for both of these being on the shelf as soon as possible but my optimism has faded. i still remember (not) drinking netherworld from grolsh swing top bottles that were(nt) filled from the tank last january.

i was excited back then, and still em now, but it has been a long time comin
Sorry guys....We shipped the first 6 packs to the LCBO a week and a half ago. Last I heard It has been approved through final lab and will start shipping to stores thereafter. The number should be valid by Thursday.

Enjoy,
Peter

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

matt7215 wrote:

Smasbomb Atomic IPA - My goal is to ship to the LCBO by February. When I put my crack pipe down it will likely be March. Testing the hop profile in the bottle will be a work in process so hang tight (if you can).

Peace,
P-

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

now maybe Smashbomb will hit the shelves by next winter

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

peterchiodo wrote:
matt7215 wrote:

Smasbomb Atomic IPA - My goal is to ship to the LCBO by February. When I put my crack pipe down it will likely be March. Testing the hop profile in the bottle will be a work in process so hang tight (if you can).

Peace,
P-
FYI - I have a new beast coming out before the year's end for testing purposes.

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

peterchiodo wrote:
peterchiodo wrote:
matt7215 wrote: its not showing on lcbo.com or drinkvine so im guessing 2011

Peace,
P-
FYI - I have a new beast coming out before the year's end for testing purposes.
is this the DIPA you were talking about before Smashbomb?

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

peterchiodo wrote: is this the DIPA you were talking about before Smashbomb?
No.....although the DIPA will be in the works once Smashbomb is out. This idea is more interesting and a one-off!

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

Can you throw a hint or two Peter? and if it is a one off available at the brewery gimme some notice. I'll plan a road trip from Niagara for that one.

elproducto

Post by elproducto »

Picked up 12 of these yesterday while I was in Barrie for the day. Really nice, and cudos to you Peter for doing what nobody else is doing in Ontario. US style craft beers in my own backyard.

It's my first of the style, and I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure why, but I was sort of shocked at how much it leans towards porter/stouts. I guess I was just expecting a dark IPA.

Sidenote, I was picking my sister up at the bus stop, and stopped into the Local for a pint of Smashbomb... WOW!

mahcinesquad

Post by mahcinesquad »

dutchcanuck wrote:Can you throw a hint or two Peter? and if it is a one off available at the brewery gimme some notice. I'll plan a road trip from Niagara for that one.
Argh! Ya, me too. I'd be willing to drive up from Guelph if I could snag some. I've done that before just in hopes of getting a sample of Smashbomb last summer at the brewery.

I need to convince my wife that we should move to Barrie.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

One of these at C'est what turned to 3. Dangerously drinkable. Well done Peter!