Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cider lovers: Twin Pines Orchard & Cider House, Thedford

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Guybrush

Cider lovers: Twin Pines Orchard & Cider House, Thedford

Post by Guybrush »

Went apple picking in Thedford, and stumbled upon the hard cider they make. Had no idea this place made hard cider. They make three kinds of cider, and ice cider, and are rumoured to make a Perry pear cider as well.

It's located in the upper part of the gift-shop, you can sample all the cider varieties for free. Cider is bottled in 1 Liter swing-top bottles, $9.95 each. And bring the bottle back to them, and get a $1 deposit back. I think they make a few types of wine here too, i saw some bottles on the counter.

The ciders had a quality flavour, I drink quiet a bit of cider, and make some myself, they do their stuff with pride here. They make a super-dry cider, they called it 'irish style', and then there's a regular style cider, and then the one I enjoyed the most was a Scrumply style, so I picked up a bottle. The salesman warned me to always keep it refrigerated, and to drink it with-in 3 months or else it might explode! hahaah. Nice to see they don't pasteurize it, I guess? Alc./ vol. is around 6% for all 3 types.

They make fresh cider doughnuts, and you can pick a tonne of pumpkins, squash and other gourds there, and you can pick apples too. It's pretty intense place.

Found a write up on it:
Must Visit: Twin Pines Orchards and Cider House
http://ontariowinereview.com/joomla/con ... ew/568/61/

and their website is pretty simple....
http://www.twinpinesorchards.com/

Hard to find if you don't know where you're going!! Let me just warn you! haha, good times though if you're in the area, stop in!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Very cool. Thedford isn't that far. Thanks a lot!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I dunno man, PAST London???? :wink:

Sounds intriguing. ISO!