Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Hoptimum / Nugget Nectar

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

sprague11 wrote:Tons of Nugget Nectar at Premier
I didn't see any Nugget Nector at Premier on Monday (maybe more was in back though?). I bought it at Village Beer (had it for growlers and bottles), plus saw a couple 6 packs at Wegman's on Alberta.

Picked up Hoptimum at Premier. Tried it last night and loved it.

RayOhm

Post by RayOhm »

Hoptimum is available at Consumer Beverage in Niagara Falls. picked up one yesterday.

heebes

Post by heebes »

RayOhm wrote:Hoptimum is available at Consumer Beverage in Niagara Falls. picked up one yesterday.
did you see any Nuggect Nectar around?

RayOhm

Post by RayOhm »

heebes wrote:
RayOhm wrote:Hoptimum is available at Consumer Beverage in Niagara Falls. picked up one yesterday.
I don't remember any Troegs

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:For every good review I have read for Hoptimum, there is one just like yours that describes it as an absolute mess.
Bizarre. I try to take any beer on its merits and can generally come to terms with almost every single one. Then I am a red wine guy! I love tannins and dryness and acidity etc etc... I can switch gears right over to the very rich white 'dessert' wines as well. Good to develop range instead of judging whatever you don't immediately like a 'mess'.

Speaking of Troeggs, you could always call ahead to various Consumers stores. There are many. Some are not great.
In Beerum Veritas

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

heebes wrote:
I was there sunday around 2. They had some nugget nector in the cooler. Didnt see any at the wegmans on miltary rd.

RayOhm

Post by RayOhm »

phat matt wrote: Didnt see any at the wegmans on miltary rd.
Was there too on Saturday. One of the worse selections of Wegman's I've seen so far.

heebes

Post by heebes »

kwjd wrote:
sprague11 wrote:Tons of Nugget Nectar at Premier
I didn't see any Nugget Nector at Premier on Monday (maybe more was in back though?). I bought it at Village Beer (had it for growlers and bottles), plus saw a couple 6 packs at Wegman's on Alberta.

Picked up Hoptimum at Premier. Tried it last night and loved it.
Tons of Nugget Nectar in at Premier again.

Last case of Hoptimum on the shelves as well.

Plenty to go around as I saw both at the Elmwood Consumers too.
(Not really on topic but there was a few Mikkeller Beer Geek Brunch Weasel there too, never came across one of those before.

RayOhm

Post by RayOhm »

Just had the Hoptimum and damn it was good. Definitely was worth the trip to Buffalo.
I don’t care what the U.N. says, I don’t recognize countries that don’t produce beer.