Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Denison Wheat?

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I recall at the Toronto Beer Fest that Michael Hancock mentioned there was a "new" Weizen due to problems recieving their usual yeast from Germany. I also remember him saying there was a raspberry wheat (not KLB). Has anybody tried these or was the heat and sampling beginning to affect me?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cass on 2001-08-20 18:42 ]</font>

Manul

Post by Manul »

Haven't been there since June but I hope we are not going to loose that fine brew their wheat used to be.

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

Maybe this was that Miami Weisse from back in June. It's not like Denison's to crank out the new beers, as we know. I might have to check it out though, but the Miami Weisse was supposed to be a berliner weisse, only it was a little strong and had too much weizen character. It was okay, but for my money not a substitute for the regular Weizen.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I've been down to Denison's a couple of times recently for the film fest. I don't think they've changed the Weizen.

They do, however, have a couple of new beers. Their seasonal Marzen is out, and it is very nice. They also have a Raspberry Wheat, which is darker than KLB's. Not bad, but not upon the level of their other brews.