Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

G.L.B. Crazy Canuck Pale Ale in cans!

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Lackey

G.L.B. Crazy Canuck Pale Ale in cans!

Post by Lackey »

We did a big run of Canuck A.P.A. today and the beer will start shipping out to LCBOs Monday.
"Tron" Burtch stopped by and posted a short but sweet video on his blog.
http://greatcanadianpubs.blogspot.com/2 ... crazy.html

bufordsbest

Post by bufordsbest »

Is there a difference between Canuck APA and the Krazy Canuck that was in project X bottles a month or 2 ago?

either way, looking forward to a tasty apa for summer.

Lackey

Post by Lackey »

Sorry, dont mean to confuse - the beer is called "Crazy Canuck" and is a tweaked version of the bottles we've had in the past. This version is packed full of resin hop flavor.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Lackey wrote:Sorry, dont mean to confuse - the beer is called "Crazy Canuck" and is a tweaked version of the bottles we've had in the past. This version is packed full of resin hop flavor.
Excellent! I look forward to having this one in my fridge all summer.

Any update on the Miami Weisse? Will we see that one at the LCBO any time soon?

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Ontario really needed a sessionable hop-fix in a can.

The Amarillo (and Simcoe?) hops have an awesome aroma with a gentle bitterness. This is a new school American pale that I'd drink a lot of!

Matty D

Post by Matty D »

This is great news, I hope the distribution is good as I can see this being a great one to stock the fridge for all occasions.

Lackey

Post by Lackey »

TheSevenDuffs wrote: Any update on the Miami Weisse? Will we see that one at the LCBO any time soon?
The Weiss isn't going to see cans anytime soon (I guess design and production time on the cans is quite a process) but it may see shelves in another form later in the summer.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Lackey wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote: Any update on the Miami Weisse? Will we see that one at the LCBO any time soon?
The Weiss isn't going to see cans anytime soon (I guess design and production time on the cans is quite a process) but it may see shelves in another form later in the summer.
Thanks for the update. I was really looking forward to seeing that one at the LCBO, so hopefully it hits shelves in one form or another this summer...

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

Lackey wrote:
Any on tap anywhere?

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

Just did a search of the LCBO inventory and I cannot even find this?! Any one have a product number so I can go on the hunt in St. Catharines for this? :D

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

dutchcanuck wrote:Just did a search of the LCBO inventory and I cannot even find this?! Any one have a product number so I can go on the hunt in St. Catharines for this? :D
I, too, have been keeping a watchful eye out for this. Checked my local and King/Spadina yesterday and today, no go. According to the OCB site, the product # is 175109, but so far that turns up no stock, and is not yet linked to an actual product. But there you go. Might check Cooper St on my way to work (and pick up some Plowman's while I'm at it, as store #6 is all out...hint hint Matt 8) ). Regardless, I'm hopeful the Canuck will be everywhere by the end of the week (if it shipped out Mon. as planned...Lackey?).

Lackey

Post by Lackey »

Sorry for the false alarm guys, apparently there is one last hurdle for the beer to clear before it starts hitting the shelves.
Meanwhile, our warehouse is packed full of it. Don't want to make any more empty promises but it should be heading out next week.
Plenty at the retail store if you're out west or passing by on the QEW.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Lackey wrote:Sorry for the false alarm guys, apparently there is one last hurdle for the beer to clear before it starts hitting the shelves.
Meanwhile, our warehouse is packed full of it. Don't want to make any more empty promises but it should be heading out next week.
Plenty at the retail store if you're out west or passing by on the QEW.
Thanks for the update Mike. Gonna try to make it out that way tomorrow.

Sil

Post by Sil »

Picked some up last weekend at the brewery. Good Stuff!

gordmit

Post by gordmit »

Stopped by the brewery on Saturday and grabbed a flat of the Canuck - really drinkable hoppy goodness...this summer, once it gets going, is touted to be a hot one - I'm declaring Crazy Canuck the official beer of my back deck, summer 2011.
Gord