Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Muskoka Mad Tom IPA

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

Is there any chance that I could expect this to appear in Niagara? thebeerstore.ca does not even list Mad Tom as a product :(

RayOhm

Post by RayOhm »

i was thinking the same thing. the tremont location usually gets the 'rarer' beers so im hopeful it will come.
I don’t care what the U.N. says, I don’t recognize countries that don’t produce beer.

The Great Gatsby

Post by The Great Gatsby »

Just tried this beer and I think it is pretty stellar. Aroma was a little muted but I think the taste is what many people are looking for. Full review at my site.

TJ

Post by TJ »

Agreed that the aroma is muted and the only real disappointment for me. But this comes way closer to what I look for in an American IPA than anything else I can think that has been brewed in Ontario up to this point that I have tried, with the exception of Smashbomb and Beaver River IPEh? from 2010 and 2009 (ie. not the version that was in the LCBO recently).

The packaging is great also. If you're into that sort of thing. Which I am.

I'll definitely get more of this.

jimmay

Post by jimmay »

I`m headed to Gravenhirst this weekend - anybody know if I can get some Mad Tom at the Brewery or area LCBOs while I`m there?

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

Hey jimmay
According to the Muskoka facebook page they have it at the brewery and a Pig roast this sunday if it fits your plans!

http://www.facebook.com/muskokabrewery

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

The pig roast is at Marben, a Toronto restaurant.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

strowlands8

Post by strowlands8 »

You can pick some up at the brewery in 6 packs, they had lots in stock as of last weekend.

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

So is this available in Toronto?

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

A wrote:So is this available in Toronto?
The Beer Store website claims it's in stock all over town. I'm going to roll the dice and see if they have a sixer for my reno job on the basement.

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

Bobsy wrote:
The Beer Store website claims it's in stock all over town. I'm going to roll the dice and see if they have a sixer for my reno job on the basement.
You might have to pay more than a six pack for a reno job. Thats pretty cheap :)

On a side note the beer store in north london had this, I have been drinking it the last two nights. great beer, plan on going back for more.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

LondonBeer wrote:
Bobsy wrote:
You might have to pay more than a six pack for a reno job. Thats pretty cheap :)

On a side note the beer store in north london had this, I have been drinking it the last two nights. great beer, plan on going back for more.

Thanks for the heads up!

kmallett

Post by kmallett »

Picked up two sixers at the Meadowvale Beer Store in Mississauga yesterday. Looks like they had just got it in as it was still on a cart waiting to be placed on the shelf (self-serve store).

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

This stuff is FLYING off the shelves in London. I went to the Huron & Adelaide store and there's only two six packs left, and a friend of mine told me the Hyland Centre is down to five. I think it's only been available for a day or two? The clerk claimed they sold ten sixers today (I snagged the eleventh). Congrats to Muskoka on getting this to market so quickly - it looks like you might make a few bucks here!

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

I grabbed the last six off the shelf at the wellend ave beer store in st catharines. The clerk told me that the stuff has been going like hot cakes here too. Looking forward to trying this tonight.