Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

BarTowel Casscadian

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

BarTowel Casscadian

Post by Jon Walker »

No reviews? Nobody has put it up on either Ratebeer of BeerAdvocate either. Hmmm...yet to have my two bottles yet...are you shy because you hate it????
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

cmadd

Post by cmadd »

Jon Walker wrote:No reviews? Nobody has put it up on either Ratebeer of BeerAdvocate either. Hmmm...yet to have my two bottles yet...are you shy because you hate it????
I think it wont best beer of the night for the golden tap awards! I really liked it, but I didn't get a chance to pick up a bottle.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

It appears Jeremy has posted a review of it on RB...but the draft version which was a blend of the two bottlings made with different yeasts. Would love to hear from someone who had both and how they stack up.

Never mind. I just cracked my blue wax bottle and it was delish! Red cap to follow!

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Haven't had a chance to have the bottles yet. Looking forward to them!

Swordsman

Post by Swordsman »

I loved it! My three bottles disappeared over the long week-end. I am hoping to get some more if any are left over. I don't usually post links to my Blog on this site, but as this was a special beer, here is my post on the CASScadian

http://ourboozereviews.blogspot.com/201 ... rsary.html
A walk of a thousand miles begins with a single step

toweringpine

Post by toweringpine »

I loved it. My three bottles are gone. I gave one to a friend who I thought would appreciate it, had one the night I picked them up from the brewery and enjoyed the last one last night under the stars on the last night of our camping trip. I think I prefered the Westmalle yeast version of the bottles but I think the draft version at the GTAs was the best of all.

I know Belgian beer is the Holy Grail of beer and all that but I have never quite developed an affection for all the complexity their oddball yeasts impart. I would love to try this beer again with a more standard ale yeast. I guess being involved in making it makes me want to play with the recipe and see what differences in taste some changes in the ingredients produce. I guess that's what homebrewing is all about!

Is there a link to the recipe posted anywhere? It would be nice to show to the friend I gave the one bottle to and maybe to recreate it someday inthe future.

I think this whole idea was a great one and I enjoyed the brew day, the anticipation of the beer, the GTAs and also my bottles. Hats off to Jon for coming up with the idea but lets hope it was just the beginning. I'd love to do something like this again!

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

I would love if you guys made it an annual activity. If there are other brewers in the community who want to partake that would be great too. I feel like I helped get the ball rolling, now I'd love to see all of you keep the momentum.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Had the Westmalle version last night, quite hoppy! Less Belgiany than expected it was pretty heavy on the hops but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

There are enough brewers with pilot systems now that making it an annual tradition could be cool!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

We're #1 for top beers of the month! (at least at this moment in time)

Saved a screenshot!

http://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/TopOfTheMonth.asp

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/F ... directlink