Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LTM Baltic Porter

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

Now will this finally be released???

244376 / Les Trois Mousquetaires Porter Baltique 2011 / 10 / 750 / $9.95
^^^Hop-head ^^^

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

The beer guy at my local said yesterday that its sitting in the warehouse and hasnt been released yet. I hope they hurry up, been waiting on this one awhile now.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Stroonze wrote:The beer guy at my local said yesterday that its sitting in the warehouse and hasnt been released yet. I hope they hurry up, been waiting on this one awhile now.
A big full page ad in the Metro today with the Baltic front and centre, I'm assuming its release is imminent.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

phirleh wrote:
Stroonze wrote:The beer guy at my local said yesterday that its sitting in the warehouse and hasnt been released yet. I hope they hurry up, been waiting on this one awhile now.
A big full page ad in the Metro today with the Baltic front and centre, I'm assuming its release is imminent.
Flip to page 7

http://reader.metronews.ca/digital_laun ... a403de57df

That's one goddam sexy add!!!!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

I hope they're not holding it back because it's 9.3% rather than 9.2%...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

JeffPorter wrote:
phirleh wrote:
Flip to page 7

http://reader.metronews.ca/digital_laun ... a403de57df

That's one goddam sexy add!!!!
That is a gerat looking add. Can't wait for this one...

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

IPA_Lover wrote:Now will this finally be released???

244376 / Les Trois Mousquetaires Porter Baltique 2011 / 10 / 750 / $9.95
  • Picked up a bunch yesterday in Aurora

carguy

Post by carguy »

They stored the Baltic Porter too long I think. I finally got a bottle and opened it the other day. It was sour. Not impressed.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

carguy wrote:They stored the Baltic Porter too long I think. I finally got a bottle and opened it the other day. It was sour. Not impressed.
the bottle i got from #95 was in fine form

this is the first time ive heard of an off bottle from this brewer

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

carguy wrote:They stored the Baltic Porter too long I think.
A beer this big is not easily damaged by 'them' storing too long. It's a bottling flaw or something else. El exchango, señor.
In Beerum Veritas

aser

Post by aser »

I opened one on the weekend, it can stand to be aged to take away the sharpness, but overall a very enjoyable beer. I'm going to age a few for sure.

On the other hand, my friend also got a skunked bottle. So bad he drain poured it and returned the rest of the bottles he bought.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

carguy wrote:They stored the Baltic Porter too long I think. I finally got a bottle and opened it the other day. It was sour. Not impressed.
The bottle I opened last night had a sour/metallic thing going on. I thought it was just my tastes being off, as the wife didn't see anything amiss, but I'd never noticed it in the bottles I've had before.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Same I just returned 2

Streets

Post by Streets »

Well this is disappointing to hear. I wonder if I should bother keeping the bottles I grabbed for the cellar? The ones I've consumed so far were fine, but I'd hate to open a bottle a year from now only to find that it was off from the beginning.

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

i bought a bottle with an odd olive oil sourness to it. i remember back in the day this happening to me with an Olfabrikken porter i got in a trade.