Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Great Lakes Harry Porter

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Great Lakes Harry Porter

Post by midlife crisis »

Anyone else tried this lately at one of our fine establishments? All I can say is, wow! Another excellent offering from Great Lakes. Terrific stuff.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

cans please

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

matt7215 wrote:cans please
:lol:
and
+1

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

What are the details on this one? A regular porter? An imperial porter? anything added to it?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:anything added to it?
its like a porter but Harry

JK
i have no details on this beer

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

It is an excellent brew. I had it on cask with bourbon soaked vanilla bean and it was fantastic.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Apparently GLB is going to be releasing this and three other beers into the LCBO to celebrate their 25th anniversary this year. I think 650 ml bombers, and roughly one beer each quarter. I think the porter is going to be the first one. So it should be soonish. I think.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

velovampire wrote:Apparently GLB is going to be releasing this and three other beers into the LCBO to celebrate their 25th anniversary this year. I think 650 ml bombers, and roughly one beer each quarter. I think the porter is going to be the first one. So it should be soonish. I think.
very good news

Soods

Post by Soods »

Harry Porter usually clocks in at 7% and unless it's soaked on the vanilla beans, it's just a porter. But a real good porter!!!

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Thanks to those who could fill in some details. I had it recently on tap at Victory and thought it was great, but no further details such as abv, additives (if any) were available. Just knew I really liked it. It has a wonderful balance of intense dark chocolate flavours and hop bitterness.

TwoPint

Post by TwoPint »

As I recall, Christmas and Harry Porter were the early names for Nutcracker.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

We need some good porter for those transitional seasons that confuse the sense of style appropriateness.
In Beerum Veritas

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Belgian wrote:We need some good porter for those transitional seasons that confuse the sense of style appropriateness.
If I remember correctly Crazy Canuck was first released in February...I think during the Olympics, co-coincidently or not...great time to release!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

phat matt wrote:It is an excellent brew. I had it on cask with bourbon soaked vanilla bean and it was fantastic.
+1 - Could be the best cask beer I've had in a LONG time...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

i thought it was ok.
found it missing the vanilla flavour and some complexity to it.