Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

smashbomb ipa feb 07 bottling tastes different

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

peterchiodo wrote:Hey Guys,

Sorry I am so late in responding— but it has been a zoo around here.
In response to the recipe…..I promise there has been no change to the recipe for over a year--and "no" I am not calling anyone a liar either. I'm not sure if the date on the bottles has anything to do with it as DO (dissolved oxygen) and time really seems to affect the delicate Citra hop profile. Who knows?

Upon reading this post, I have spoken to a few on-premise spots who have not noticed a change in their kegs (so that is the good news). I’ll keep looking and talking to Mark, as I take every comment on BT very seriously.

Feel free to drop me an email (peter@theflyingmonkeys.ca) if you ever have a quality issue as I am eager to handle it personally to improve any imperfection!

P.S. Lots of things coming down the line once we get these f**king tanks commissioned!

Yours in brewing,
Peter
Peter, are you and the Monkeys planning on attending the beer fest in Barrie this coming June? I'd assume so as its in your town lol just haven't heard for sure yet from Bill.

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

TheBeeraholic wrote:
peterchiodo wrote:Hey Guys,

Sorry I am so late in responding— but it has been a zoo around here.
In response to the recipe…..I promise there has been no change to the recipe for over a year--and "no" I am not calling anyone a liar either. I'm not sure if the date on the bottles has anything to do with it as DO (dissolved oxygen) and time really seems to affect the delicate Citra hop profile. Who knows?

Upon reading this post, I have spoken to a few on-premise spots who have not noticed a change in their kegs (so that is the good news). I’ll keep looking and talking to Mark, as I take every comment on BT very seriously.

Feel free to drop me an email (peter@theflyingmonkeys.ca) if you ever have a quality issue as I am eager to handle it personally to improve any imperfection!

P.S. Lots of things coming down the line once we get these f**king tanks commissioned!

Yours in brewing,
Peter
Peter, are you and the Monkeys planning on attending the beer fest in Barrie this coming June? I'd assume so as its in your town lol just haven't heard for sure yet from Bill.
since the thread is already jacked...:wink: Hey Peter, I am filling out my bracket, do the boys from Tuscaloosa stand a chance at the Big Dance? ROLL TIDE!!!!

beeton

Post by beeton »

the Molson beer fest in Barrie?

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

beeton wrote:the Molson beer fest in Barrie?
No, this one:

http://www.barriebeerfest.com/

BrausBackinTown

Post by BrausBackinTown »

I will say one thing, though. I had Smashbomb on tap last night, and it was out of this world. Top notch.

Swordsman

Post by Swordsman »

I was at the Brewery on Friday. Did the tour and came home with some. Excellent as usual! My wife was working in Barrie that day so it was great knowing I had a DD for the drive home!
A walk of a thousand miles begins with a single step

wayek11

Post by wayek11 »

I'm having one bottled march 07 .... seems fine to me