Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cameron's Rye Pale Ale

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

This is an impressive beer. Lots of citrus and pine with a great spiciness from the rye in the finish. By far the best beer Cameron's has ever brewed.

chris_schryer

Post by chris_schryer »

Amazing beer. I called it perfect in my review. It's phenominal. I would be happy to have people decline it on the sticker-shock and leave more for the rest of us. Derek is right: They can charge whatever they want. If it sells, it sells. It's totally worth it.

Sil

Post by Sil »

We picked up 12 of these last weekend at the brewery and honestly I didn't even look at the price, because it's just that good. I schlep back beer from the States all the time and with the gas/duty figured in it's way more expensive than what Cameron's is charging.

Luckily we live fairly close to the brewery, because we'll need to pick up more soon. Our original 12 is nearly gone.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Sil wrote:We picked up 12 of these last weekend at the brewery.
Picked up six, had the last bottle yesterday. Trying to schedule some time to go back out and pick up some more as well. Just so damn good.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

TheBeeraholic wrote:
Picked up six, had the last bottle yesterday. Trying to schedule some time to go back out and pick up some more as well. Just so damn good.
It's gone ... I just saved you a trip 8)

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
TheBeeraholic wrote:
It's gone ... I just saved you a trip 8)
Lol saved me a trip or saving it for yourself. They've got tons.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

TheBeeraholic wrote: Lol saved me a trip or saving it for yourself. They've got tons.
A friend called them last week and was told that they were out. Maybe he was misinformed.

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

I called the store, was told they had plenty in stock, drove 40 minutes out there, they had none except for a few loose bottles in the front fridge. Was told they should have some more at some point.

tl;dr don't trust the lady at the front desk, she tells lies.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Weebay wrote:I called the store, was told they had plenty in stock, don't trust the lady at the front desk, she tells lies.
Was told the same thing when I went two weekends ago. When I got there there were four in the fridge. Lady at front dark brown hair, pretty cute said that was it. I asked her to go find someone in the back to double check. He came down with two full boxes to stock the fridge. Along with more of the Whisky Barrel Age.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

TheBeeraholic wrote:
Weebay wrote:I called the store, was told they had plenty in stock, don't trust the lady at the front desk, she tells lies.
Was told the same thing when I went two weekends ago. When I got there there were four in the fridge. Lady at front dark brown hair, pretty cute said that was it. I asked her to go find someone in the back to double check. He came down with two full boxes to stock the fridge. Along with more of the Whisky Barrel Age.
In my two trips to Cameron's recently I have been very unimpressed with their customer service. They need to work on that.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
TheBeeraholic wrote:
In my two trips to Cameron's recently I have been very unimpressed with their customer service. They need to work on that.
For sure. I'm actually in Burlington this afternoon. Going to pop by and get some Naughty Neighbour and then stop at Camerons for some RPA. (Called this morning, plenty in the fridge).

Lecocq

Post by Lecocq »

I agree with all that was said about this. Just a great, enjoyable, fine tasting beer, full of citrus hops among other flavours that hit you. Just a shame that I only had 1. They did a great job with this!

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

I posted in the LCBO forum but I'll post here - is this beer confirmed to come to TBS/LCBO at some point?

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Weebay wrote:... don't trust the lady at the front desk, she tells lies.
Why are people who flake like this considered acceptable? There's some screwed-up thinking here in Ontario. People can be very badly educated in their character & integrity.
In Beerum Veritas

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

TheBeeraholic wrote:
I finally schlepped to the brewery today to get some - I asked about the barrel aged, as they had a full bottle on the shelf, she said they had none left and that she couldn't sell the one on the shelf. I asked her if she knew when they had more, and she just said "It's seasonal".

:roll:

Anyway, came home and emailed the brewery to ask. Maybe I'll get a response. Maybe not.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John