Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cameron's Rye Pale Ale

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

TheBeeraholic wrote:
He did say theyve got their barrel aged doppelbock available right now though. Has anyone had it?
Yes. I recommend trying it. I quite like it. The barrel is somewhat subtle and really adds to the roasty breadiness of the doppelbock.

While I'm sad about the RPA - I have to say I'm excited to see what they do next...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Brewbert

Post by Brewbert »

NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo

I'm coming home next week to ontario, having a regular supply of craft ipa's from the states (20 mins to the border, 20 more to a sweet craft beer store in washington state) I can honestly say the RPA is the best IPA I've ever had, and I may as well throw it in that category.

I was looking forward to getting 6 of them. sold out grr..

I'm tempted to buy a keg of it.. can I even do that? I'd drive back to ontario from BC with it in my truck if i can buy one lol

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

TheBeeraholic wrote: He did say theyve got their barrel aged doppelbock available right now though. Has anyone had it?
Hmm ... no reviews on BA or RB but I am curious. Would love to hear a review before heading over the the brewery after my experience with the American Whiskey Barrel Ale.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

the Rye PA is a license to print money. Not on par with Nugget Nectar, but this is definitely on par with Hop Rod Rye. Make this a year-round offering with LCBO distribution and I'll do my part and buy it by the case.

Now all we gotta do is get Great Lakes to bottle Karma Citra and give it wide distribution and i'm happy.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
TheBeeraholic wrote: He did say theyve got their barrel aged doppelbock available right now though. Has anyone had it?
Hmm ... no reviews on BA or RB but I am curious. Would love to hear a review before heading over the the brewery after my experience with the American Whiskey Barrel Ale.
If I get time today, I'll put up a review on RB...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

JeffPorter wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:
If I get time today, I'll put up a review on RB...
whats your handle on RB?

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

um...I have to double check...I think its JeffPorter...this would be my first review on it, I think...I haven't been very good at reviewing...

:oops:

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

From Cameron's e-newsletter mailed out yesterday.
Thank you Cameron's!
Well, we have some surprises brewing but we have to start by bringing back the Cameron’s star of the year… RPA! Yes, Rye Pale Ale will be available again on November 7th.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

NRman wrote:From Cameron's e-newsletter mailed out yesterday.
Thank you Cameron's!
Well, we have some surprises brewing but we have to start by bringing back the Cameron’s star of the year… RPA! Yes, Rye Pale Ale will be available again on November 7th.
Got this too - this is good news! Yum!

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Great news. this has been abesnt from my fridge for a few months, which is too long.

(anyone close to the brewery care to pick up an extra 6?? Geography keeps me away)

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

NRman wrote:From Cameron's e-newsletter mailed out yesterday.
Thank you Cameron's!
getting closer, cant wait to actually get to try this beer

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

Reunited! Looks a lot more unfiltered this time around - Nickel Brook levels of snow globe. Bitterness seems a bit more pronounced than the previous batches as well. Tasting great.

Cameron's recently started a customer rewards card program - I will be filling these cards up fast.
A shark on whisky is mighty risky. A shark on beer is a beer engineer.

heebes

Post by heebes »

So glad to have this restocked in the fridge. Definately more bitter, more pronounced spicyness from the rye too. Still has that wonderfuly pungent auroma. Great beer

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Yep - it's better than it was in its original form...

Its delicious.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

i was going to go to oakville today to grab some but their retail store isnt open sundays

lame