Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Nickel Brook Naughty Neighbour

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

heebes

Post by heebes »

Is nickelbrook planning on getting this to the lcbo for the summer?

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I was told Brewery only on twitter a few weeks back
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Speaking of which, anyone been recently - is it still at the brewery? I may get a colleague who lives in Burlington to grab me some.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

JeffPorter wrote:Speaking of which, anyone been recently - is it still at the brewery? I may get a colleague who lives in Burlington to grab me some.
it was 2 weekends ago, call ahead

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

matt7215 wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:Speaking of which, anyone been recently - is it still at the brewery? I may get a colleague who lives in Burlington to grab me some.
Just sent them a twitter message, but I'll call tomorrow.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

Anyone know if this is any different than the Naughty American (just had it on cask at C'est What)?

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

liamt07 wrote:Anyone know if this is any different than the Naughty American (just had it on cask at C'est What)?
The "neighbour" in the name is meant to refer to America, so I imagine C'est What just got the name mixed up or NB have a slightly different name for the cask version.
A shark on whisky is mighty risky. A shark on beer is a beer engineer.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

JeffPorter wrote:
matt7215 wrote:
Just sent them a twitter message, but I'll call tomorrow.
For what it's worth, I did call and they just bottled a fresh batch.

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

Cale wrote:
liamt07 wrote:Anyone know if this is any different than the Naughty American (just had it on cask at C'est What)?
The "neighbour" in the name is meant to refer to America, so I imagine C'est What just got the name mixed up or NB have a slightly different name for the cask version.
Ha, wouldn't put it past C'est What for mixing up the name of the beer. I'm going to assume it's the same beer.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

liamt07 wrote:
Cale wrote:
Ha, wouldn't put it past C'est What for mixing up the name of the beer. I'm going to assume it's the same beer.
Probably. Not a slight to C'est What, but they've done it before - in the winter they gave Muskoka's Winterbeard the name of Beau's Winter Brewed.

TwoPint

Post by TwoPint »

JeffPorter wrote:
liamt07 wrote:
Cale wrote: The "neighbour" in the name is meant to refer to America, so I imagine C'est What just got the name mixed up or NB have a slightly different name for the cask version.
Probably. Not a slight to C'est What, but they've done it before - in the winter they gave Muskoka's Winterbeard the name of Beau's Winter Brewed.
I questioned the discrepancy at lunch today and was informed that they were just replicating the label on the cask as provided by Nickel Brook.

heebes

Post by heebes »

matt7215 wrote:this stuff is awesome, huge juicy, grapefruit pith, hop nose, super lean and tight malt body, 4.9%

huge win
hit the nail on the head so to speak matt, this is sooo good! please make it year round!

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Finally got this from the brewery - it's great! I didn't no it was unfiltered. It's almost like a sessionable Boneshaker.

Tonight I had one of those an RPA and a Boneshaker...pretty great stuff from the Horseshoe!

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Very drinkable. Grabbed a few at the brewery and was not disappointed.

Droogy

Post by Droogy »

had this on cask at c'est what monday and had a chance to buy some bottles today.

enjoyed it more on cask over the bottle but still very drinkable and as stated many times before would lend itself to a session.

suspect its likely a variant of their headstock light which is also in the 4% abv range