Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Neustadt - The Sour Kraut

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Malcolm

Neustadt - The Sour Kraut

Post by Malcolm »

Anybody tried this? I found it at The Rebel House this week. I'm not that familiar with sours but I really enjoyed this one, soured with raspberries according to the website. 4%, very quaffable.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

We had the same discussion this time last year. :wink:
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Ah, right! You have a good memory - or I have a bad one...

King Edward

Post by King Edward »

I've got it on tap right now, and it's a different beer to what Neustadt put out last year for OCB week. This is intentional, I visited the brewery last week and chatted with Andy about it. The first batch was a bit of an experiment, now it's actually a 'recipe'. But no doubt still a work in progress! The fruit is much simpler this year, it's got a little less cloud and it's less sour. There's a mid-taste bitterness which dries in the finish. Very quaffable though, at least for the first couple. Not what I would call a session beer by any means though.
www.thekingedward.com
Real food, real beer, real friendly!