Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Black Creek Pumpkin

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

irishkyle21

Black Creek Pumpkin

Post by irishkyle21 »

All the flavors are there. This would have been a great pumpkin but no body whatsoever. Flat as hell, all three bottles.
We can get drunker than this!!

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Agree with the flavour comment, and yeah, I seem to recall a fairly flat pour. Think I've tried them all now, and I would rate them (in terms of my taste) Pumking, Shipyard, Grand River, McAuslan, Black Creek and way, way down the list, Brooklyn. Awful beer.

I have a growing respect for the beers Black Creek is bringing out.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

It felt like a pretty regular old-style session beer with some incidental pumpkin. Well-made but no big showcase of pie-like character.

Grand River FTW!! (Locally)
In Beerum Veritas

RayOhm

Post by RayOhm »

ive had this, great lakes pumpkin and DFH Punkin so far this season. ive actually liked this one the best. still on the lookout for ST Pumpking though.
I don’t care what the U.N. says, I don’t recognize countries that don’t produce beer.

Steak Andersson

Post by Steak Andersson »

I bought two bottles today -- neither had a bubble of carbonation. Taste was good though, so my observations are generally in agreement with previous comments.

I noticed a very small amount of crusting around the mouths of the bottles. I'm wondering if there's been an adjustment on the bottling line, or perhaps a new cap supplier. If not, there's a serious QC problem.

Steak Andersson

Post by Steak Andersson »

I should probably amend my comment to just say there's a serious QC problem, whatever the cause.

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

I just caught up with this one and thought it was excellent. It had a lower carbonation than most bottled beer, but certainly wasn't flat. There is some "typical" pumpkin beer spicing in it, but you can also taste that real pumpkin was added, it has that slight taste of squash those beers have.

Excellent effort and I agree that the Black Creek line has done some good work but I'd make an exception for the stout which seems too dry, dusty/astringent, dull, at least for my taste.

Gary
Gary Gillman