Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Renaissance Brewing - Craftsman Oatmeal Chocolate Stout

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Wish I kept my bottle to see if there's any difference in bottling dates... that is, if there is bottling dates on them.
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Cracked one of these tonight, and it was one of the "bad" ones. Gushed a fair bit when I opened it, foamed like crazy when poured, and had a metallic edge to the flavour.

It wasn't awful, but it wasn't anywhere near how great it was at the media tasting a few weeks back. Hopefully, the couple other bottles I picked up will be better.

ErkLR

Post by ErkLR »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:Wish I kept my bottle to see if there's any difference in bottling dates... that is, if there is bottling dates on them.
There's a small white paper label on the bottom (like from an old grocery store 'gun'). Mine says best before 13 JUL 13. The numbers above say: 245 245 Don't know what that's about. I wouldn't be surprised if these fell off often.

Mine's tasting good.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

Wasn't so lucky with my 5th bottle and it foamed like crazy. Was the same BB date. It was harsh to say the least, and quickly went down the drain.
A shark on whisky is mighty risky. A shark on beer is a beer engineer.

zaireeka

Post by zaireeka »

My first two bottles blew off like crazy. I was ready for the third with a bowl to catch the blow off, go figure that bottle was perfect.... They all tasted good at least.

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

had this one last night. loved it. had alot of dark fruit character intwined with the malt and coco. No gusihing, but perhaps abit of a metalic twang. It wasnt overpowering for my palate.