Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Twice As Mad Tom

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Twice As Mad Tom

Post by mintjellie »

4.09/5 rDev +0.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Burnt orange colour with light haze. Creamy, tightly formed, beige head. Good retention and lace. Grapefruit rind and floral aromatics with nuances of toasted bread and pine. Juicy tangerine and grapefruit flavour up front, followed by delicate toasted nuts and a strong citrus pith bitterness that lingers into the long finish. Medium-full bodied with low carbonation. Feels smooth and substantial in the mouth with a resinous stickiness between gulps. And gulp this delicious beer you will. This is a solid, decent hop fix for anyone in Ontario who finds themselves in need of one. Nice beer!

Serving type: bottle

01-22-2013 07:44:06 | More by mintjellie

Mike-KBCo

Post by Mike-KBCo »

I'm a big fan of this beer. It's a perfect extension of the standard Mad Tom....like they literally turned the knobs up on this one. Well done.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

They added lots more aroma hops, I will have to try this again because months back when I talked to the guys they were still tweaking the nose for bigger aroma.

Yes, exactly as shown here.
In Beerum Veritas

Timmy

Post by Timmy »

I just grabbed a 4 pack of these for the fights Saturday. I'm really excited.

Swampale

Post by Swampale »

Excellent beer. A nice beer for a night cap. I hope it is available all year.

notdan

Post by notdan »

I loved both this and the original Mad Tom, but have to say that I prefer the hop profile in the original. Seems that it was more focused on Centennial, which seems to be my hop of choice (mmmm Bell's Two Hearted).