Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Scotch Irish ales

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

missionary

Post by missionary »

Has anyone (other than me) tasted the beers produced by Scotch Irish Brewing company of Ottawa? I tasted a light pale ale called Session, a plain porter called Black Irish and a real ale called Dry Hop at the Toronto Beer Festival in August. I found all of them to be exceptional, a nice addition to the show. I have since found only the Session ale at the Esplanade Bier Markt. Has anyone found the other ales in Toronto?
If so, what did you think of them. Maybe we could start a write in campaign to get them to ship more of these beers to Toronto.

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

The session has appeared in T.O. at Smokeless Joe as well, and C'est What. The Porter made an appearance last year at the Esplanade, and this year will likely be at Smokeless as well when it comes out.

For my money, there is no need to petition the breweries to bring more of their stuff as long as they can be found at the few select outlets in town that know and love good beer. I have faith that the Scotch Irish Porter will be at all of those types of places this winter, especially if T&B disappear.

Publican

Post by Publican »

Hi Josh and Missionary, if you are having a party and would like a keg of the Scotch Irish
products contact Perry Mason (president of Scotch Irish Brewing Company) at beer@scotchirish.on.ca or 1-613-622-0055. I held a party 2 weeks ago with 58 litres of the session ale and 20 lires each of Black Oak's Pale Ale & Nut Brown. I should have bought more of the Black Oak products as they
seemed to be more popular. By the way you can also buy smaller kegs from Scotch Irish and larger kegs from Black Oak (www.blackoakbeer.com Ph 905-3391037)