Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beau's Strong Patrick

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Streets

Post by Streets »

SteelbackGuy wrote: I missed this beer unfortunately, and The Ship has bottles, but they are pricey...
James/Fennell store had probably a dozen in the fridge on Friday... I had one bottle and don't plan to buy any more.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Streets wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote: I missed this beer unfortunately, and The Ship has bottles, but they are pricey...
James/Fennell store had probably a dozen in the fridge on Friday... I had one bottle and don't plan to buy any more.
Dundurn still had lots.

I had 2 in honour of St. Patrick whilst barbecuing on Sunday. I'd buy again but too many good things coming right now.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Finally got around to this beer. I like it well enough. It is subtle, certainly, but still has some nice flavours, and the barrel aging really adds something. I think it is important to let it warm up a bit. Not at all hoppy, but then that is appropriate for an Irish red. I certainly get plenty of red in the colour, and enough malt (albeit very dry, not sweet and rich) for me on the palate.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Finally opened mine tonight.

Very muted overall flavour profile. Kinda bland, actually. The barrel is very hard to find as well. Not a terrible beer, but not a memorable one either and not one that I would ever buy again. I'd say this is yet another letdown from Beau's.

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

oops - posted a comment in the wrong thread.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Cracked mine last night. Nothing to write home about at all. How Beau's keeps winning a Golden Tap for best brewery when their seasonals are as pedestrian as this one I'll never know.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo