Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Red on Red Collaboration

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Red on Red Collaboration

Post by Bytowner »

This is a good one for the first proper snow of the year (and a steak dinner to boot). Lots of reviews seem be caught up with the hops, but I feel like there's a lot to appreciate in the malt here (as is right). Superb toasty caramel flavours, finish is a bit nutty. Bittering hops are complimentary and play a supporting role for me. Really like this.

EDIT: warm this up a bit and the hops definitely come out in force. Mouth coating bitterness throughout. Guess I spoke too soon. Malt peeks through in the finish, though there's a pleasant sweetness throughout.
Craft beer hipster before it was cool

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Lisa just showed me a bottle of this. It looks like a beast. I don`t know where she got them but she was in orillia the last couple days so maybe up there. I look forward to when she opens it.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

I've still got one bottle from the BC release and am curious to try them side by side to see if there's any difference. It was an enjoyable beer, nice malt base, hop bite and an ABV set for the winter months!