Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beard of Zeus!

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I had one two days ago. Outstanding. The hops are starting to fade a bit, but that just lets the malt shine through a little. They should definitely make this every year, it's easily the best Barley Wine from Ontario.

Come to think of it, that's a really underrepresented style isn't it?

jrenihan

Post by jrenihan »

I had a bottle over the holidays and meant to post. I agree that it is much improved. The harshness is greatly mellowed. I enjoyed this bottle much more than when it was first released.
Ren

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Never had it fresh but loved the bottle I opened last week. I wonder if Frost Quake will compare?