Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Fullers ESB

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Fullers ESB

Post by sofakingdrunk »

On tap at Breadalbane in Fergus. Served in a nice Fullers ESB goblet. mahoganey hued reddish colour. Some minimal carbonation and a small thick head.
Smells of bitter orange rind some cherry, warm spices. Taste of more citrus, orange and g-fruit,biscuits, some nutmeg and cinnamon. Floral english hops, a touch malty and incredible smooth. A light bitter lingering finish.

This is the first time i've been able to try this on tap and i was not dissapointed. It's one of my go-to buys @ the lcbo when i dont know what i feel like. Always consistant and satisfying. I wish we could get more Fullers products here. The only problem is I cant decide if I like this, or London Pride better. A solid 8.5/10

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

I like their yeast profile in the bigger, more flavorful brews, but it seems a little too prominent in this one for me.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

I like their yeast profile in the bigger, more flavorful brews, but it seems a little too prominent in this one for me.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

that's the first time i've seen a double post 5 days apart - usually it's one of those wacky connection issues and they come in within a minute! ;)
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/