La Morsure

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1318
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:22 pm
Location: Mechanicsville, Ottawa

La Morsure

Postby Bytowner » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:31 pm

Not sure how I feel about this one. Quenching. Hop profile is really nice, good citrus and melon with a pleasant bitterness in the finish. But that's all you can really say about it. Malt and body are non-existent.

Not a bad summer beer... But not exactly at a lawn mower price.
Craft beer hipster before it was cool
codfishh
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:54 pm
Location: Ottawa

Postby codfishh » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:46 pm

I need to try this one again, I think I had a bad bottle. It was a weird meaty sort of flavor to it. It was a drain pour.
ercousin
Posts: 453
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:05 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: La Morsure

Postby ercousin » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:45 am

Bytowner wrote:Not sure how I feel about this one. Quenching. Hop profile is really nice, good citrus and melon with a pleasant bitterness in the finish. But that's all you can really say about it. Malt and body are non-existent.

Not a bad summer beer... But not exactly at a lawn mower price.


Sounds like you just described the perfect West Coast IPA. Will have to pick this up, too many IPAs I've bought from Ontario/Quebec are malt/crystal focused.
beerstodiscover
Bar Fly
Posts: 594
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:16 pm
Contact:

Postby beerstodiscover » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:54 am

I definitely tasted the sweet malt, but it wasn't too pronounced. I also thought it had a bit of mint to it which was really nice.
liamt07
Bar Fly
Posts: 597
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:36 pm
Location: Downsview/Toronto

Postby liamt07 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:24 pm

Quebec should just stay as far away as possible from IPAs. I've never had an even half-decent IPA from that province.

Stick to the Belgian styles, boys.
jrenihan
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:36 am

Postby jrenihan » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:34 pm

liamt07 wrote:Quebec should just stay as far away as possible from IPAs. I've never had an even half-decent IPA from that province.

Stick to the Belgian styles, boys.


Largely true, but I think both Moralite and Yakima are very nice IPAs.
Ren
liamt07
Bar Fly
Posts: 597
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:36 pm
Location: Downsview/Toronto

Postby liamt07 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:37 pm

jrenihan wrote:
liamt07 wrote:Quebec should just stay as far away as possible from IPAs. I've never had an even half-decent IPA from that province.

Stick to the Belgian styles, boys.


Largely true, but I think both Moralite and Yakima are very nice IPAs.
Ren

Alright, DDC are off the hook, but 98% of anything hoppy coming out of that province is not far removed from being terrible.
nickw
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:56 pm

Postby nickw » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:53 pm

I'm currently drinking a Castor Yakima IPA, and it should definitely also be excluded from any "Quebec IPAs suck" chatter.
ercousin
Posts: 453
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:05 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby ercousin » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:55 pm

I had the oatmeal stout from Castor and it inspired me to make my own. The mouthfeel was so smooth and full. Just the right amount of roast.
sprague11
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1907
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:37 pm
Location: Newmarket, ON

Postby sprague11 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:21 pm

liamt07 wrote:
jrenihan wrote:
liamt07 wrote:Quebec should just stay as far away as possible from IPAs. I've never had an even half-decent IPA from that province.

Stick to the Belgian styles, boys.


Largely true, but I think both Moralite and Yakima are very nice IPAs.
Ren

Alright, DDC are off the hook, but 98% of anything hoppy coming out of that province is not far removed from being terrible.


Moralite, castor yakima.... Maybe leo's? Agreed theres not a lot of "hoppy" quebec beer id stand behind.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo
User avatar
distr0
Posts: 215
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:48 pm
Location: St. George

Postby distr0 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:44 am

the top of my bottle shattered when i opened it. the glass shards added a slightly unpleasant texture.

really though, it was pretty 'meh'
icemachine
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2637
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:20 am
Location: Aurora, ON
Contact:

Postby icemachine » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:44 pm

distr0 wrote:the top of my bottle shattered when i opened it. the glass shards added a slightly unpleasant texture.


DDC is bad for this - they crimp caps on twist off bottles, I've had 4-5 bottles from them do this
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole
BlackRedGold
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:37 pm

Postby BlackRedGold » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:32 pm

jrenihan wrote:
liamt07 wrote:Quebec should just stay as far away as possible from IPAs. I've never had an even half-decent IPA from that province.

Stick to the Belgian styles, boys.


Largely true, but I think both Moralite and Yakima are very nice IPAs.
Ren


I'd also suggest Catapulte, Leo's, Disco Soleil, Double Dose and Jukebox Distorsion.

The Boreale IPA is half decent for a budget beer.

Return to “Beer Reviews”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron