Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Old Flame Brewing

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Old Flame Brewing

Post by matt7215 »

these guys are legit.

very solid lagers!

the unfiltered vienna is the best of what ive tried but the keller is simply lovely as well. the helles (same beer as the keller just filtered) is super clean and crushable. the dunkel is toasty with a hint of roast and well integrated hopping.

the malt expression is what separates this lineup from other lagers brewed in this province and the understanding of what makes these styles work is evident in the entire lineup.

if you feel the lager love you have to give these guys a try

PS

the IPA is pretty great too

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

I like 'em
also great brewpub there

Peter Collins

Post by Peter Collins »

I don't know about the beers but I trust Matt7215's judgement.

I know the head brewer there is Scott Pautler. A good guy who was here locally in Cambridge and part of the homebrew scene here via GRAB. Came to many meetings and brought tasty samples of his own brewing. Went through the Niagara College course and went on to open Old Flame.

Thrilled to hear that his beer is delivering some quality!

Scottatron

Post by Scottatron »

Thanks a lot guys! I appreciate the feedback. Anyone coming up for a visit, let me know and I'll show you around.

Cheers!

Scott