Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

BrewDog on draught

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

BrewDog on draught

Post by Cass »

Received an email from Premier Brands saying that BrewDog was coming to Ontario on tap. No other details provided, but I've asked.

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

last post in here has more "details"

http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic ... &start=240

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

The three that you will see the most of are Punk IPA, Five AM Red Ale and Libertine Black Ale. In lesser quantities there will also be Dogma, Cocoa Psycho and Hardcore and for the holidays Santa Paws.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Baker Street station in Guelph posted on their facebook page yesterday that they were tapping the first ever canadian keg of
Punk ipa.
Last edited by sofakingdrunk on Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Harold at The Bent Elbow missed it by an hour and will have either all of them or 3 of them next week.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

sofakingdrunk wrote:Baker Street station in Guelph posted on their facebook page yesterday that they were tapping the first ever canadian keg of
Punk ipa.
Maybe the 1st keg in Ontario. Pretty sure we've had Punk on tap in Alberta, and on growler fills, too.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

WVRST mentioned they will have a "tap takeover" on Sunday, with 7 Brewdog beers on tap....but I did not see what ones.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Punk is on tap at Bar Hop.
lister

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

As of Saturday, The Bent Elbow had Hardcore IPA, Dogma, and 5AM Saint tapped.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

^^^ i had a pint of 5 am saint at the brew dog pub in Edinburgh when I was there in March, I remember really really enjoying it......but can't for the life of me remember anything specific about it.

Charchuk

Post by Charchuk »

Brux House has Punk IPA waiting to go on tap. Should be on by the weekend.

eric hasler

Post by eric hasler »

Has anybody heard if Punk IPA is going to be available in the LCBO again?
“The person who stands up and says, 'This is stupid,' either is asked to behave or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful 'Yes, we know! Isn't it terrific"

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

eric hasler wrote:Has anybody heard if Punk IPA is going to be available in the LCBO again?
Rep told me a bunch of Brew Dog is in the lcbo paperwork stage.
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Who is the Brewdog rep now? It used to be R&R, but I know they said last year Brewdog wanted a new rep that covered the West and Ontario....

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

El Pinguino wrote:Who is the Brewdog rep now? It used to be R&R, but I know they said last year Brewdog wanted a new rep that covered the West and Ontario....
Premier Brands.

(Which probably explains why it's coming in on draught now, as Premier has one of the few keg import licenses in the province.)