Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Great Lakes Citraddiction

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Pub Style wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:
Overall, I think this is a really nice session pale ale. Still some room to improve it though.
Thanks for your thoughts, TheSevenDuffs. In terms of improving, where would you like us to go with it? Feedback is always appreciated.
I just revisited this is here are some specific comments:

- The nose was nice but I would have loved a fresher/more pronounced nose.
- Both the nose and the taste had more of a musky hop profile and less of a citrus/tropical fruit (peach/tangerine/mango/pineapple) presence than I typically get (and like) from citra-focused IPAs. This likely has more to do with the hops than the brewing process, so perhaps that was beyond your control.
- The bitterness was nice. Pretty much in line with what my palate prefers.
- The hop flavours were also slightly less pronounced than I would expect (especially given the freshness). This may be directly related to the comment about the nose above.

Overall, I'd say Limp Puppet lacks most of these small flaws (IMO) as does Thurst (albeit it in a much bigger beer).

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

heebes wrote:i think its spot on, a great beer, dont change a thing
My thoughts as well based on the draft I had at Milos'. Love the big Citra hop character, thought this one had cleaner flavours, more body, and less yeastiness than the Limp Puppet, and overall it's probably the best Ontario Session IPA I've tried so far.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

i've re-visited the beer twice.
both times on draught.
my conclusion:

Either:
1. the beer's meant for draught and not cans
2. i got a skunky can

On draught, it's really nice. no BO or onion smell to it. clean, very nice drink. i had one yesterday and could have easily knocked back a second immediately.

but that first can i had...was not appealing.

Frere Ambroise

Post by Frere Ambroise »

Had a pint at Bryden's on Friday night. It was fantastic.

sstackho
Bar Fly

Post by sstackho »

Wife had a pint at Louis Cifer last night. I thought it was really good for a sub-5% beer. Great hop flavour.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

I really wish I had a chance to try this on tap, as it seems like the draft version might be considerably better than the canned version.

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

Had it on tap at BarHop ...great hop flavour, great session IPA...
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...