Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bellwoods Brewery

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

BakaGaijin wrote:As per the Cask Days beer listings....looks like Barn Owl #3 will be a saison aged on peaches (awesome!) And 3 Minutes to Midnight will be made with Raspberries.
Damn both of those sound delicious...maybe I should regret not getting tickets.
By the way, Jutsu (the final version) has returned to the bottle shop with a now-permanent label. Cat Lady has also made a reappearance.

skootles

Post by skootles »

Fucking finally! 3 Minutes to Midnight is being released at the end of October. I've been eagerly waiting for it since they announced it in an August 2014 blog post.

From their newsletter:
You heard it here first -- 3 Minutes to Midnight will be released this month! This imperial stout barrel aged with cherries has spent a solid 12 months hibernating in barrels, giving the fruit and roasted malts ample time to get to know each other, enjoy their honeymoon phase, get bored of hearing each other's same old stories over and over again, have a blow out fight, decide that they really want to put in the effort to 'make it work', and then rekindle their romance. It's a modern love story that also tastes great -- available in bottles in the last week of October (final date TBA).

Morrish

Post by Morrish »

skootles wrote:Fucking finally! 3 Minutes to Midnight is being released at the end of October. I've been eagerly waiting for it since they announced it in an August 2014 blog post.

From their newsletter:
You heard it here first -- 3 Minutes to Midnight will be released this month! This imperial stout barrel aged with cherries has spent a solid 12 months hibernating in barrels, giving the fruit and roasted malts ample time to get to know each other, enjoy their honeymoon phase, get bored of hearing each other's same old stories over and over again, have a blow out fight, decide that they really want to put in the effort to 'make it work', and then rekindle their romance. It's a modern love story that also tastes great -- available in bottles in the last week of October (final date TBA).
Waited way to long for this. Hopefully followed by BOYD in November.

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

I just need more skeleton key. Drank my last bottle last week and was pretty bummed when it was gone with no hints at a future release. I could use more lambda too!

cheechonaleash

Post by cheechonaleash »

ckoop wrote:I just need more skeleton key. Drank my last bottle last week and was pretty bummed when it was gone with no hints at a future release. I could use more lambda too!
They posted a photo quite some time ago of the spice mixture used in Skeleton Key with brief announcement of it being brewed on that day for eventual future release. I'll see if I can find a link.

EDIT: Have a look at the official instagram account at a post from 37 weeks ago. It's in the works!

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

cheechonaleash wrote:
ckoop wrote:I just need more skeleton key. Drank my last bottle last week and was pretty bummed when it was gone with no hints at a future release. I could use more lambda too!
They posted a photo quite some time ago of the spice mixture used in Skeleton Key with brief announcement of it being brewed on that day for eventual future release. I'll see if I can find a link.

EDIT: Have a look at the official instagram account at a post from 37 weeks ago. It's in the works!
The last SK release was aged for 12 months....so this would probably be a year away if it was brewed a month ago.

cheechonaleash

Post by cheechonaleash »

BakaGaijin wrote:
cheechonaleash wrote:

The last SK release was aged for 12 months....so this would probably be a year away if it was brewed a month ago.
I believe they were set to brew when they posted this which was 37 weeks ago. Should be ready in about 4 months give or take. First batch was released at the end of October last year.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

^^^^^

My bad, I read that as 37 days. Glad to know the wait is only 4 or so months away.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

New monogamy showing.

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

DeMarco wrote:New monogamy showing.
It doesn't say which Monogamy it is…kind of a flaw in their website. They have an interesting beer on tap this week, Rocky's Farmhouse Ale which is a mixed fermentation ale with 2 brett strains in primary. Pretty good, although nothing I would go wild over.

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

Has anyone been by to see what hop this batch of Monogamy highlights?

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Looks like it is columbus.

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

DeMarco wrote:Looks like it is columbus.
Tried it last night. It is indeed Columbus. Not the star of the monogamy series, but a respectable entry. Some bitter and vegetal notes. Not a lot of floral. I think I see why this hop is usually part of a team effort.

How I wish there were some way to try the exact same recipe with the different monogamy hops side-by-side. That would be pretty cool.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

OCTOBER 16TH – BRETT BARREL AGED MONOGAMY

OCTOBER 23RD – LAMBDA

OCTOBER 30TH – 3 MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT

NOVEMBER 6TH – DONKEY VENOM

skootles

Post by skootles »

RIP my wallet. Looks like Bellwoods is coming out with a barrel-aged release the next 4 Fridays in a row.

http://bellwoodsbrewery.com/quadruple-whammy/

For the lazy:
October 16th – Brett Barrel Aged Monogamy
October 23rd – Lambda
October 30th – 3 Minutes to Midnight
November 6th – Donkey Venom
Price / bottle limits not announced yet except for the Monogamy which will be $9/btl and no limit per person (about 4000 bottles total).

Edit: Demarco beat me by 1 minute :P