Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bellwoods Brewery

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

BYOD has been delayed to mid-December. The newsletter had previously said late November.

Also, Skeleton Key will be released in early 2016, but I think people were suspecting that anyway.

skootles

Post by skootles »

jp_jkl wrote:BYOD has been delayed to mid-December. The newsletter had previously said late November.
I was just thinking about that yesterday, since they probably would have released it tomorrow I was expecting an announcement today. Oh well, I really don't mind. I spent enough already on Bellwoods beers in the past month or two.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

skootles wrote:
jp_jkl wrote:BYOD has been delayed to mid-December. The newsletter had previously said late November.
I was just thinking about that yesterday, since they probably would have released it tomorrow I was expecting an announcement today. Oh well, I really don't mind. I spent enough already on Bellwoods beers in the past month or two.
Excellent...I should be back by then...thought I'd miss out on it this year.

Still wondering if Blitzen will ever return again....

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

sweet sweet blitzen

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

keg of Skeleton Key being tapped today at the brewpub. I shall be popping in for a wee tipple.

skootles

Post by skootles »

Looks like BOYD 2015 will be released Friday December 18th. 2459 bottles total, with a 4 bottle limit per person (EDIT: and $12 ea)

Oh, and I really hope this means Blitzen is going to make an appearance:
Bellwoods Brewery December Newsletter wrote:A ton of new merch arrived so that you can adorn yourself in comfortable, stylish (not that we are experts) beer gear, free from inane puns about hops, we've got that long-awaited barrel aged release mid month, and perhaps even an old favourite emerging soon.
Last edited by skootles on Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

skootles wrote:Looks like BOYD 2015 will be released Friday December 18th. 2459 bottles total, with a 4 bottle limit per person.
You forgot to add that Hellwoods is returning in a couple weeks as well.

On the subject of Hellwoods... Has anyone cellared it and if so, how are you finding it with some age on it?

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

I have one in my fridge with a year and a half on it. I would like to compare a fresh one and that one.

skootles

Post by skootles »

jp_jkl wrote:
skootles wrote:Looks like BOYD 2015 will be released Friday December 18th. 2459 bottles total, with a 4 bottle limit per person.
You forgot to add that Hellwoods is returning in a couple weeks as well.

On the subject of Hellwoods... Has anyone cellared it and if so, how are you finding it with some age on it?
I had one at the end of August. My only notes on it were "Delicious as always" but I remember it being particularly delicious. That one was from their last batch in 2014, so it was about 9-10 months old when I had it. I'll definitely be getting more this time around.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

hellwoods ages really well

you know what else of theirs ages really nice and changes almost drastically? grizzly bear. wish they'd re-release that one again soon.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Oh, and I really hope this means Blitzen is going to make an appearance:
Bellwoods Brewery December Newsletter wrote:A ton of new merch arrived so that you can adorn yourself in comfortable, stylish (not that we are experts) beer gear, free from inane puns about hops, we've got that long-awaited barrel aged release mid month, and perhaps even an old favourite emerging soon.
That would be convenient as I will be driving through TO that day. What's the best route from the 401 (heading west) ?

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

Masterplan wrote:
That would be convenient as I will be driving through TO that day. What's the best route from the 401 (heading west) ?

Not sure if it is the best route, but I would get off at the Bathurst exit, take Wilson over to Bathurst. Head south on Bathurst to Davenport and turn right. Take Davenport to Ossington and turn left. Head south and find a spot to park on the west side of Ossington once you pass Dundas.

I've been avoiding taking the Allen south for so long I have no idea if the mess at Eglinton is cleared up now or not.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

Coronaeus wrote:
Masterplan wrote:

Not sure if it is the best route, but I would get off at the Bathurst exit, take Wilson over to Bathurst. Head south on Bathurst to Davenport and turn right. Take Davenport to Ossington and turn left. Head south and find a spot to park on the west side of Ossington once you pass Dundas.

I've been avoiding taking the Allen south for so long I have no idea if the mess at Eglinton is cleared up now or not.
The mess at Eglinton has definitely NOT been cleared up. I would imagine that Allen Road wouldn't be too bad in the middle of the day but it's not something I can comment on from experience.

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

As previously noted, Bring Out Your Dead will be released Friday December 18th at 11am.

$12/bottle. 2400 bottles. 4 bottle limit. Expected to last until Saturday night.

A buck cheaper than last year and 0.8% higher in ABV.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

I was bracing myself for an increase on last year's price $13; really nice surprise to see it go in the other direction. I hope their forecasted availability works out - won't be able to get there until later on Friday.