Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Forked River

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

I found 2015's to be overly oaked and tanic. 2014 I thought was nice enough, even bought a 2nd bottle to age, but IMO it was better fresh.
GTA Brews - Toronto's Homebrew Club - http://www.gtabrews.ca/

Eric's Brewing Blog - Advanced Homebrewing for the Intermediate Brewer - http://www.ericbrews.com/

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

ercousin wrote:I found 2015's to be overly oaked and tanic. 2014 I thought was nice enough, even bought a 2nd bottle to age, but IMO it was better fresh.
This was my impression of the 2015 batch as well. It was highly focused on roast and woody barrel character without much else backing it up.

ErkLR

Post by ErkLR »

Provost Drunk wrote:
Masterplan wrote:Grabbed a Capital Blonde Ale tonight, not impressed.
I'm not a huge fan of Forked River's regular offerings (Capital Blonde, Rip Tide) but I have enjoyed some of their seasonals/one-offs a lot more.
Yup, that's about what I think of them. When they have something new in the LCBO I'll try it, otherwise I visit the brewery every few months (especially since they have better retail hours now). With their expansion, they seem to keep many more beers in stock at retail store, which is nice. I'll be happy to see Mojo back this summer, it's a solid summer beer that I'm happy to buy regularly.

ErkLR

Post by ErkLR »

Speaking of Mojo, it's now available at the brewery and slated for release in the LC at the end of May according to their Facebook page.