Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Sawdust City

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Sawdust City

Post by S. St. Jeb »

deepeary wrote:
MeltedOzark wrote:
deepeary wrote: Regarding Sawdust, I think they doing great things. On October long weekend they had 11 different beers in cans, 10 of which were all about $3-4 per can. Delicious too.
The only Sawdust I can ever find in the LCBO is Lone Pine and Golden Beach. Where are you finding 11 different cans? Downtown?
It was at the brewery retail store in Gravenhurst.

Winter is Coming

Post by Winter is Coming »

I've been to the brewery twice over the last month and each time they had new beers on shelves for decent prices. I've picked up:

1) 1606
2) Seven Weeks of Staying up All Night
3) Long Dark Voyage to Uranus (also in the LCBO)
4) Plantation 1 row 27 wet hop ale
5) Pointless Marketing Imperial Session IPA
6) Sagemehl Stadt Marzen
7) Twin Pine IIPA
8 ) Winding road for 7km
9) The Blood of Cthulhu Barrel Aged Imperial Stout

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Sawdust updated their website recently - they now have a 'what's in the fridge' section: http://www.sawdustcitybrewing.com/ (scroll down).
Last edited by Dennis on Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

http://www.sawdustcitybrewing.com/january/

Sawdust City paired up with Escarpment Yeast to go out in the forest and find a wild yeast strain they could brew with. They ended up blending one they found with Brett Brux to eventually produce at saison. Very cool.

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

GRAVENHURST, ON – Sawdust City Brewing has announced the release of a new limited edition variation on one of its popular seasonal brands.

Titania is a 10% abv barrel-aged Imperial stout described as follows:

Titania takes a big, bold beer and makes it bigger and bolder. We aged our Long Dark Voyage to Uranus Imperial Stout in Heaven Hill Kentucky Bourbon Barrels allowing it to develop an entirely new depth of flavour. LDV’s intense dark chocolate and coffee notes remain present, but are joined by flavours of vanilla, coconut, charred oak, and a slight bourbon element. The creamy mouthfeel and combination of flavours create a fudge-like character which makes Titania highly drinkable.

Titania will be released today (September 2nd) in a limited run of 750 ml bottles exclusively at the Sawdust City retail store.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I bet they have that on at cask days.

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Surprised I had to go back 6 pages to find a Sawdust thread. If anyone is interested, posted something new on Sawdust here:

https://theipamythblog.wordpress.com/20 ... your-feet/

Focus is on their growth in the context of the Ontario retail environment.

Cheers!

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Dennis wrote:Surprised I had to go back 6 pages to find a Sawdust thread. If anyone is interested, posted something new on Sawdust here:

Cheers!
Nice blog!
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Tapsucker wrote:
Dennis wrote:Surprised I had to go back 6 pages to find a Sawdust thread. If anyone is interested, posted something new on Sawdust here:

Cheers!
Nice blog!
Thanks for reading.

duckdown

Post by duckdown »

A local buddy in Kitchener from my Cannabis and Beer Discord split an order with me, just had 5 of their most recent drops and was quite impressed by all of them

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

duckdown wrote:A local buddy in Kitchener from my Cannabis and Beer Discord split an order with me, just had 5 of their most recent drops and was quite impressed by all of them

So 355ML cans are too small, but drops are fine? :roll:
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

duckdown

Post by duckdown »

Tapsucker wrote:
duckdown wrote:A local buddy in Kitchener from my Cannabis and Beer Discord split an order with me, just had 5 of their most recent drops and was quite impressed by all of them

So 355ML cans are too small, but drops are fine? :roll:
Lmao! “Drops” are what they’re calling new beer releases in the IG hood haha!

The sawdust city cans were all Tallboys