Brunswick Bierworks

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

beerstodiscover

Brunswick Bierworks

Postby beerstodiscover » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:14 am

This place looks pretty promising with top tier collaboration partners and selling brews through the LCBO and a bottleshop/tap room.

They said on Instagram that they will be having an opening event on Dec 7 which will feature collabs with: La Trappe, Mikkeller and Hopsteiner, plus "some rare private order bottles from a variety of breweries. There will be lots of treats."
Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Re: Brunswick Bierworks

Postby Bobsy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:22 pm

So... anyone been?

I see talk of a 20 tap beer hall and a store...
www.torontobeerweek.com
Facebook: Toronto Beer Week
Twitter: @TorontoBeerWeek
beerstodiscover

Postby beerstodiscover » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:53 am

I haven't but I think the bottle shop will be opening starting on the 31st, and on Saturdays after that. Hoping to grab that La Trappe collab soon. (Moderator, I meant to post this thread in the Ontario Breweries section)
Gedge
Bar Fly

Postby Gedge » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:36 am

Had a chance to check the tap room out this weekend. They are only open Saturdays from 11-5. 20 taps, the most interesting being the collabs with Mikkeller and La Trappe. They also had the Omnipollo IPA and Prodromus on tap (the Prodromus was excellent, much better than the canned version). Also a couple of Weihenstephaner taps and a fair number of less interesting Ontario craft offerings (Woodhouse, Doc Purdue, etc.).

Food options are limited (there's a cheese plate and a charcuterie plate as well as free popcorn). I'm guessing you could BYOF, but I'm not sure and I didn't ask. The bottle shop fridge had cans of the La Trappe collab (Ora et Labora), the Omnipollos and one other (it was something from Ontario that the LCBO carries so my memory has blanked it out). Looked like the La Trappe was $3.25 per 355ml can. Their licensing for the shop hasn't come through yet, so you couldn't by anything to go. No indication that they are planning to do growlers.

All in all a nice space. You are getting these beers at the source, so they are nice and fresh. Enough unique offerings that I could see myself returning semi-regularly. The place was surprisingly busy given the weather and the not-so-accessible location (it's in an industrial park and your only TTC option is the bus).
lister
Seasoned Drinker

Postby lister » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:50 pm

It would be nice if their current list of taps was posted on their web site. It's in a bad location for going just on a blind whim.
lister
Provost Drunk

Postby Provost Drunk » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:49 pm

lister wrote:It would be nice if their current list of taps was posted on their web site. It's in a bad location for going just on a blind whim.

+1
JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Postby JerCraigs » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:18 pm

Considering I dont even see the hours listed on the website (am I just not seeing it?) an up to date tap list might be ambitious :)

Return to “Ontario Brewers”