Stone City Ales in Kingston

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

Masterplan

Re: Stone City Ales in Kingston

Postby Masterplan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:39 pm

Masterplan wrote:Juggernaut is being released on Dec. 15.

Tis' the day. $11 per 500ml. The taster I had was pretty good lots of bourbon as usual, but it was served too cold and the stout side tasted a bit thin.
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Postby Belgian » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:13 pm

Some time ago I caught word that SCA will release a 3-vintage vertical of Juggernaut around Xmas time.

They now have some fine new beers like the Alive and Well IPA, and the To Helles With It I'm enjoying right now (superb).
In Beerum Veritas
El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Postby El Pinguino » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:18 am

Belgian wrote:Some time ago I caught word that SCA will release a 3-vintage vertical of Juggernaut around Xmas time.

They now have some fine new beers like the Alive and Well IPA, and the To Helles With It I'm enjoying right now (superb).

I haven't had the Juggernaut yet....this could be a nice reason for a road trip to Kingston area in the future.
Still have one bottle of Layla squirreled away, which is my favourite beer from them.
Masterplan

Postby Masterplan » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:07 pm

I did the three year juggernaut last Christmas. The 2015 was still the best vintage, the 2016 is significantly more boozy, and 2017 was good, but more bitter and less booze.

Looking forward to the 2018, but with losing their head brewer, I wonder what 2019 holds for SCA..?

Return to “Ontario Brewers”