Godspeed Brewery

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Re: Godspeed Brewery

Postby Belgian » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:21 pm

It's been a Godspeed kind of summer!

The Svetly 10°Pivo is drinking fantastically well, as does the Otsukaresama Dortmunder. Gorgeous liquid bread.

This Sabaku Pale with Sudachi citrus is drinking nicer than before, I think the cans had to 'settle' to meld the flavours blending in the dry bitterness and now I'm getting more roundness and beautiful fresh delicate citrus oil. Drinks well at 'cellar' (or 'cask') temperature.

In Beerum Veritas
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Taru Ni - Chard Barrel French Oak RIS

Postby Belgian » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:32 pm

Having the Godspeed Taru Ni Barrel Aged Imperial Stout.

This is thick and full but also has a nice light dried black fruit acidity. The French barrel oak is not just thrown in there, it's very defined and a complex taste layer all on its own. It compliments the beer IMLE the way good Limousin oak compliments a proper Chablis. The booze from the Chard wine is tasty and shapely not bossy.

Not a super toasty-ashy or overly hoppy-bitter brew, has some fine Arabica coffee like nuances, not too chocolatey or malty-sweet, its got a lot of 'shape' with the black fruit and it's very good!

Last edited by Belgian on Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Re: Godspeed Brewery

Postby Belgian » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:51 pm

Having another Godspeed Taru Ichi bourbon barrel aged coffee Imperial Porter.

That's fantastic, it has been developing in the cans a few weeks. Also having a Taru Ni Chard Barrel RIS, loads of flavor also.

Two very different beers, the only real commonality being that they are aged in different barrels, ie the Taru and they have maybe a similar grain bill yet very different result.

Great quality, highly individualistic beers I would expect from this brewer.
In Beerum Veritas

Return to “Ontario Brewers”