Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Barncat Artisan Ales, Cambridge

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

sofakingdrunk wrote:Counting down the days, I'll be there Saturday for 4L
Unfortunately we are sold out of Pulp, we knew we would be busy but did not anticipate selling out in one day

Sorry to everyone who could not make it yesterday

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

Ugh that sucks. Will Volo, Bar Hop or any other Toronto bars be getting any kegs at least?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Quotashun wrote:Ugh that sucks. Will Volo, Bar Hop or any other Toronto bars be getting any kegs at least?
1, 20L keg will be going to the Brain in Hamilton but thatś the closest it will be to the GTA

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Just posted a short piece on Barncat if anyone here is interested: http://theipamyth.com/2018/03/01/barnca ... cambridge/

Cheers,
-d

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Nice piece. Looks like my hopes for them to scale up or move closer to Toronto will remain dreams.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Dennis wrote:Just posted a short piece on Barncat if anyone here is interested: http://theipamyth.com/2018/03/01/barnca ... cambridge/
Nice article about the brewery I spend most of my beer money on. Good people making good beer... it’s what this entire industry has boiled down to for me.

If they move into the country, my guess would be towards Brantford. Shellfishly that would suck as it’s in the opposite direction as me, but my guess is that’s still a few years off. I’ll relish the 35 minute commute until then.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Thanks for reading, appreciate it!

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Are there any plans for Barncat to start bottling or canning their pale ales that are always only available for growler/howler fills? It's hard for me to get out there, and I'm sort of weary of asking trading partners to ship me those things in the mail. Anyone have experience with shipping growlers/howlers while we're at it?

And ask about an online shop for Barncat too, but one thing at a time! :)

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

Blasphomet wrote:Are there any plans for Barncat to start bottling or canning their pale ales that are always only available for growler/howler fills? It's hard for me to get out there, and I'm sort of weary of asking trading partners to ship me those things in the mail. Anyone have experience with shipping growlers/howlers while we're at it?

And ask about an online shop for Barncat too, but one thing at a time! :)

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

We are extremely excited to announce the release of our collaboration with our very good friends Badlands Brewing!

Catlands is a double IPA brewed with Cara Cara oranges and hopped intensely with Mosaic. Available for growler fills starting this Friday at our brewery.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Is anywhere getting some Kegs? Doubt I'll get the the shop this weekend....and I imagine it'll be gone by the end of Saturday.

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

sofakingdrunk wrote:Is anywhere getting some Kegs? Doubt I'll get the the shop this weekend....and I imagine it'll be gone by the end of Saturday.
A keg will be served at the Badlands 1st birthday party Sat Aug 18

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

A keg of Catlands as well as a few other will be at Bierra Volo next Thursday

www.birreriavolo.com/news/barncat

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Going to Barncat on Friday, is there anywhere else in the C-W-G area worth stopping in for?

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Masterplan wrote:Going to Barncat on Friday, is there anywhere else in the C-W-G area worth stopping in for?

Rhythm and Brews beers are ok, from the 5 or 6 I’ve had but nothing special. The space itself is pretty cool though, it’s ablut 500 meters around the corner from Barncat.
Northworks does Crowlers if your interested in that. Their Mosiac Smash is really tasty. The place is literally a hole in the wall though.
Wellington has some nice beers available right now, including some different varieties of of the UVB76 line(BBA impy stouts) I picked up their Pink peppercorn sour ipa last weekend and liked it a fair bit. The tap room at Wellington is a cool spot now, and they offer free tours on saturdays.

But in all honesty if it were me, I’d just be spending all my money at barncat