Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Barncat Artisan Ales, Cambridge

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

alsiem

Post by alsiem »

Finally got out there last weekend. Grabbed a growler of their pilsner to share with my wife and my mother as you do on Mothers day. Delicious unfiltered goodness. Life seems to be pushing me back there in early June, hope to grab a growler of a fresh IPA next time.

Nothing ground breaking in this report, just confirming that these guys still are doing it right.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

how 'bout that double barrel mother night? contender for best beer ever made in ontario?

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

distr0 wrote:how 'bout that double barrel mother night? contender for best beer ever made in ontario?

I think I actually preferred the single barrel. I Have so far only drank one bottle of each though....need further research to decide.

duckdown

Post by duckdown »

What’s coming this weekend, lads.. I’m coming to see you!

duckdown

Post by duckdown »

I recently moved to the area from the GTA and was worried about the beer situation , but I’m so happy to have discovered Barncat since getting out here

Haven’t liked the most recent selections as much as there’s been a lot of bottled stuff, barrels, saisons.. I’m dying for them to start dropping Badlands style juice bombs on the regular

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

duckdown wrote:I recently moved to the area from the GTA and was worried about the beer situation , but I’m so happy to have discovered Barncat since getting out here

Haven’t liked the most recent selections as much as there’s been a lot of bottled stuff, barrels, saisons.. I’m dying for them to start dropping Badlands style juice bombs on the regular
no hoppy beer this weekend, just 2 sours and and imperial stout

more hoppy beer coming soon

duckdown

Post by duckdown »

Wicked, thank you for the update

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

duckdown wrote:I recently moved to the area from the GTA and was worried about the beer situation , but I’m so happy to have discovered Barncat since getting out here

Willibald in Ayr(basically beside Cambridge) are doing some killer IPA’s. Wave maker is also pretty solid overall. And I’m a big fan of Northworks ipas as well, but they seem to fly under the radar.

duckdown

Post by duckdown »

sofakingdrunk wrote:

Willibald in Ayr(basically beside Cambridge) are doing some killer IPA’s. Wave maker is also pretty solid overall. And I’m a big fan of Northworks ipas as well, but they seem to fly under the radar.
Dude!! I literally JUST discovered (and placed an order) at Willibald yesterday.. How did I not know about these guys? They sound like our version of a Badlands or Auval. I had to send it to a buddies house for delivery though since they dont include Elmira

Only thing is, apparently my buddy is somewhat familiar with the place and says they were sort of beer Amateurs in the beginning. He thinks it’s the owners son and probably is either a collab with someone or there is some new staff in place or something

Either way, the pics I’ve seen looked amazing. I should hopefully have it today

Please let me know of any and all IPAs in this area!! Much appreciated man cheers

duckdown

Post by duckdown »

I haven’t even heard of Northworks or Wave Maker. I’m off to research these now

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Willibald delivers to Elmira. I live here as well and they delivered last week. That said, yes the online store doesn’t accept Elmira so I had to call and remind them we are indeed we are in Waterloo Region, lol
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

duckdown

Post by duckdown »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:Willibald delivers to Elmira. I live here as well and they delivered last week. That said, yes the online store doesn’t accept Elmira so I had to call and remind them we are indeed we are in Waterloo Region, lol
Damn man, I just got them delivered too, but had to send them to a friend in Kitchener, who in turn delivered it for me today

I did call and ask about it and the girl seemed confused by it

I would be thrilled if they delivered here! Really enjoyed all 3 beers I ordered tonight!

Cheers!!

duckdown

Post by duckdown »

Barncat's IG story has a bunch of limes in it..

Love me some limes

Is this going into some brews?!

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

duckdown wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:

Dude!! I literally JUST discovered (and placed an order) at Willibald yesterday.. How did I not know about these guys? They sound like our version of a Badlands or Auval. I had to send it to a buddies house for delivery though since they dont include Elmira

Only thing is, apparently my buddy is somewhat familiar with the place and says they were sort of beer Amateurs in the beginning. He thinks it’s the owners son and probably is either a collab with someone or there is some new staff in place or something

Either way, the pics I’ve seen looked amazing. I should hopefully have it today

Please let me know of any and all IPAs in this area!! Much appreciated man cheers
I think one of the guys that works there now used to work at Monkish. Joe Freund is his name. If you check his Instagram you can see he works there now and used to work at Monkish.

duckdown

Post by duckdown »

BakaGaijin wrote: I think one of the guys that works there now used to work at Monkish. Joe Freund is his name. If you check his Instagram you can see he works there now and used to work at Monkish.
Awesome! Well then I guess that explains it. I had 3 types of their beer and really liked all 3 — looking forward to seeing their new releases

Thanks for the info!