Barncat Artisan Ales, Cambridge

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

Coronaeus

Re: Barncat Artisan Ales, Cambridge

Postby Coronaeus » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:08 am

I’m really looking forward to the pilsner. I find that breweries that make good IPAS tend to make good lagers.
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Postby Belgian » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:05 pm

S. St. Jeb wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:This new Pilsner is great.

I love good pilsners. There's more Ontario pilsners than I tend to think there is (perhaps not all 'good'), but they don't get the same attention as, say, IPAs.

Yeah. I think to be made really well they require costly time, attention and finesse - all on top of the expense of not being " trendy" as the ubiquitous Vermont IPAs and such. The GS Svetly Vicepni 10° is absolutely beautiful. Lagers literally need to be 'lagered' to finish the beer and round off the flavour profile, it's a long process to do it right (and one big brewers rush through.)

So whatever you guys are drinking... cheers.
In Beerum Veritas
sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Postby sofakingdrunk » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:52 pm

Belgian wrote:
S. St. Jeb wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:This new Pilsner is great.

I love good pilsners. There's more Ontario pilsners than I tend to think there is (perhaps not all 'good'), but they don't get the same attention as, say, IPAs.

Yeah. I think to be made really well they require costly time, attention and finesse - all on top of the expense of not being " trendy" as the ubiquitous Vermont IPAs and such. The GS Svetly Vicepni 10° is absolutely beautiful. Lagers literally need to be 'lagered' to finish the beer and round off the flavour profile, it's a long process to do it right (and one big brewers rush through.)

So whatever you guys are drinking... cheers.

If your wanting to try the Barncat Pilsner....I’m quite certain Volo got a couple cases that I’m sure they’ll be selling.

Return to “Ontario Brewers”