Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Barncat Artisan Ales, Cambridge

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

distr0

Post by distr0 »

Also currently drinking Pulp. This is must have

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Gonna hit the brewery tomorrow afternoon, hoping there's some pulp left. I'll second the comment that everything I've had(10 or so beers) has been fantastic. I've also got one more rat queen tucked away

bradb

Post by bradb »

I had a good share of Pulp last night and yes it's certainly a fantastic beer.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

gonna echo the pulp love. stopped by last sat ( a few minutes late, thanks for staying open guys!) and got a growler of it and sauv blanc, their hallertau blanc saison, that is amazing.

also bought a bunch more cat factory (one of my favorite beers of 2016) and their barley wine. love barncat so much.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Hope they you guys have some pulp left, since I want able to make it last weekend. Really want some for Super Bowl

gjkerr

Post by gjkerr »

Managed to find Pulp at Brux House in Hamilton yesterday - not sure whether other bars were lucky enough to get a keg, but Brux received theirs Saturday night and it was still going strong. Agree with everyone's praise - it was fantastic. Contender for best IPA in Ontario, if not Canada.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

sofakingdrunk wrote:Hope they you guys have some pulp left, since I want able to make it last weekend. Really want some for Super Bowl
it likely wont last through tonight so try to come early if you can

Ill update this post once its gone

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

The Pulp was pretty yummy! Very fruity. 8%???? Really???

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Pulp is gone

distr0

Post by distr0 »

matt7215 wrote:Pulp is gone
make more pls

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Pulp was fantastic!

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

matt7215 wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:Hope they you guys have some pulp left, since I want able to make it last weekend. Really want some for Super Bowl
it likely wont last through tonight so try to come early if you can

Ill update this post once its gone

Thanks for the update. Managed to get there about 5:30 or so, grabbed two 1 litre fills. After drinking this first one, I'm not sure the second is gonna last until Super Bowl. Sooooo good, love what you guys are doing. This may be the best IPA I've ever had

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

distr0 wrote:
matt7215 wrote:Pulp is gone
make more pls
^^^^^^ this

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Without any homerism, Pulp is the best Canadian made IPA, of any style, that I've had. It's also in my top 5 all time IPA's, right up there with Trillium, Tree House and Grimm. Crazy great job, Matt and Jeremy!

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

I've never tried Trillium or Treehouse's beers, but Barncat's Pulp was indeed delicious. I'm glad I drove down from Toronto last weekend to buy a growler. Pulp is super deserving of this praise. I hope it returns soon.