Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Barncat Artisan Ales, Cambridge

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

boney wrote:Without any homerism, Pulp is the best Canadian made IPA, of any style, that I've had. It's also in my top 5 all time IPA's, right up there with Trillium, Tree House and Grimm. Crazy great job, Matt and Jeremy!
Pulp is amazing! But if you have had a significant amount of Tree House and Trillium beer, its a step behind most of their better IPAs. So while I probably agree with your best Canadian IPA statement, it is far from a top 5 all time IPA for me. That being said, I have no doubt that these guys will get there very quickly. These guys are easily the most exciting brewery in Ontario right now (for me).

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
boney wrote:Without any homerism, Pulp is the best Canadian made IPA, of any style, that I've had. It's also in my top 5 all time IPA's, right up there with Trillium, Tree House and Grimm. Crazy great job, Matt and Jeremy!
Pulp is amazing! But if you have had a significant amount of Tree House and Trillium beer, its a step behind most of their better IPAs. So while I probably agree with your best Canadian IPA statement, it is far from a top 5 all time IPA for me. That being said, I have no doubt that these guys will get there very quickly. These guys are easily the most exciting brewery in Ontario right now (for me).
From the beers I've had...better than Trillium, but not as great as Treehouse. Treehouse is still king to me...Trillium, some great, some not so great. I guess we're all in agreement that it was a super beer though.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

larry is back this weekend

just in case you missed him last time

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Hopefully I can grab some tomorrow, along with Qi, if it's still available

distr0

Post by distr0 »

Qi is so damn drinkable. I was just sipping away at it while working on something and suddenly the growler was gone

I'll be by later for some Larry and the Simcoe APA I haven't tried yet

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Larry kicked my ass so good in the summer, looking forward to more ass kickings.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

new double IPA coming out this weekend

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

NRman wrote:
Derek wrote:... the local beer geeks are going to love it.
as one of the local geeks I can say I don't think I have ever been more excited about a brewery opening. I predict on the second anniversary of this thread in Mar 2017, we'll be reflecting on Barncat's incredible success as an Ontario craft brewer.
Like so many, I am looking forward to this!
No pressure guys! ;-)
And love it they did. This thread is now 2 years old and one year ago I posted ^this^. I was right! We had very high expectations of Jeremy and Matt and they have since blown those away! When you consider the variety and quality of the beers they have produced it's like having our very own Bellwoods, DDC and Treehouse all rolled into one here in Waterloo region! :D

If you haven't tried their beer yet, you just need to come here yourself as we tend to drink it as fast as they can make it. Besides we also have incredible people to serve it up at the Bent Elbow and Arabella Park (another success story for another day).

A huge CHEERS! to Jeremy and Matt and an early Happy Anniversary! Thanks for doing this.
T&E

https://www.instagram.com/barncatales/

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

The only issue is accessibility. I look forward to the day, if it ever comes, when their retail hours expand a bit and perhaps production increases. The few times I've had their beer I've enjoyed it very much!

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

ask not what barncat can do for you, but what you can do for barncat

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Rat Queen is back in the bottle shop this weekend

limit 2 per person, $12/750ml

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Get to the brewery and grab 2 bottles if you can guys. You won't be disappointed. I wish I was able to get there and grab some, as I've only got one left.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Bastet sounds so sick. i'll be seeing you boys this weekend.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

waiting for Bourbon RQ
Reliable Beer Critic

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

jeremyg wrote:yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Bastet sounds so sick. i'll be seeing you boys this weekend.

Yeah it does.....I'm all over that!